What's new

Linksys Goes Back To The Future For New AC1900 Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've put in a request to Linksys.

Sweet, any idea when (roughly) you'll have it, or did you mean you've asked them about MU-MIMO?

The Marvell AC chipset used in the WRT1900AC does not support MU-MIMO.

Forget it, deleted Qn as it apparently can't or won't be answered...
So the claim stands (assuming it's being stood-by?) on the basis of no qualification, not sure why.

New chipsets, like QCA just announced, therefore new routers are required.

What about the AC87U, it doesn't use Qualcomm but "may" ultimately be MU-MIMO capable, right?

Last edited:
I hope that the WRT AC1900 is good. I mean performs exceptionally.

Looks? Build quality? Couldn't care less about them. Apple is the epitome of that aspect of consumer products but I haven't seen anything great come from them yet.

Great in the sense that it outperforms anything else available.

Will be eagerly looking to see your performance comparison to your previous router(s) - especially if they included the RT-AC66U and the RT-AC68U.

I hope that the WRT AC1900 is good. I mean performs exceptionally.

Looks? Build quality? Couldn't care less about them. Apple is the epitome of that aspect of consumer products but I haven't seen anything great come from them yet.

Great in the sense that it outperforms anything else available.

Will be eagerly looking to see your performance comparison to your previous router(s) - especially if they included the RT-AC66U and the RT-AC68U.

Why was the post L&LD's responding to (above) removed, + my post responding to that same post is removed?
What's with the regular pattern of moving posts, & plonking them elsewhere? (or deleting)

Why was the post L&LD's responding to (above) removed, + my post responding to that same post is removed?
What's with the regular pattern of moving posts, & plonking them elsewhere? (or deleting)
Both posts have been moved to a new thread. Apologies for not putting a temporary redirect.

The reason for moving is to have multiple focused threads vs. one long one.

Does this have media bridge mode like the RT-AC66U?
I see wireless bridge mode is listed.

My goal is to get two of these to replace my two RT-AC66U
and use 5 GHz to connect the two in media bridge mode equivalent, if available on the WRT-1900AC, and extend the 2.4 GHz signal throughout the house without the loss of throughput of a range extender.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
I have created a question thread then since my question would not make sense in the 'first experiences' thread you linked.

I doubt we need to create threads for every Qn/sub-point, that'd get messy real quickly.
The point of that "user reports" thread, is for non-owners to read about owners findings, & to query them.
But, it can't hurt to have a dedicated thread like yours, to each to his own...

Last edited:
Any gui pics? Can someone post the manual pdf from the cd? Man I would love to test this beast out! Belkin/Linksys mind sending one over here?!?! :) I am still rocking a Linksys E4200 v1. Have had it now for 3+ years. Bought it new in March 2011. Time for a new router and this WRT1900AC would be the perfect replacement. Did they add a bandwidth meter by chance?

Last edited:
Any gui pics? Can someone post the manual pdf from the cd? Man I would love to test this beast out! Belkin/Linksys mind sending one over here?!?! :) I am still rocking a Linksys E4200 v1. Have had it now for 3+ years. Bought it new in March 2011. Time for a new router and this WRT1900AC would be the perfect replacement. Did they add a bandwidth meter by chance?

They seem to have randomly handed it out to quite a few people (well, of the ones I know of, 2 are regular contributors, 2 not so much).
So if you're lucky, they may still be feeling generous, but pick me first Linksys! :D

Omg words cannot describe if they picked me as well. Like I said. Would love to do a review of it. And being a huge fan of the WRT54GL. WRT1900AC I was amazed when it was first announced. The specs alone. :D Good luck to you to if you get picked. I also cannot wait to see Tomato 3rd party firmware running on this beast! Currently running Tomato on my Linksys E4200 v1. Speaking of Tomato and since Belkin/Linksys is watching. If they feel like donating units to Tomato devs as well. That would be great. Specifically to Victek and Shibby. http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?forums/tomato-firmware.33/ 2 of the big known major players for Tomato. If not the biggest 2. Toastman as well.

Last edited:
GUI is the same "Smart WiFi" as on the EA series routers. Main new feature is the Network Map, that has some functions that used to be available only via the Smart WiFi map.

The WRT supports Wireless Bridge and Repeater modes. But they stuck them under Connectivity > Internet Settings. I have used Bridge mode (no WDS required), haven't checked repeater.

GUI is the same "Smart WiFi" as on the EA series routers. Main new feature is the Network Map, that has some functions that used to be available only via the Smart WiFi map.

The WRT supports Wireless Bridge and Repeater modes. But they stuck them under Connectivity > Internet Settings. I have used Bridge mode (no WDS required), haven't checked repeater.

Sorry to be impatient but when will the WRT1900AC review be published on SNB?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!