What's new

Logout when saving

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VanillaXtract

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-AC3100. I’ve been having a problem for a few builds where anytime I hit apply, the popul would show applying setting, but a percentage would never appear and it would appear to freeze. When I hit refresh on the browser I have been logged out. The other odd behavior was the wireless tab on the left. It won’t load the side menu or the top menu, just the general settings page.

I updated to the latest beta, but the same issues persisted. I then took the plunge and did a factory reset last night. I logged in throughout the day and slowly getting everything back up and running (entware, dhcp, ddns, etc.). However, when I got home from work (19hrs after the factory reset), the behavior is back. I can’t apply settings or even view my wireless settings. Any help would be appreciated.

I have an RT-AC3100. I’ve been having a problem for a few builds where anytime I hit apply, the popul would show applying setting, but a percentage would never appear and it would appear to freeze. When I hit refresh on the browser I have been logged out. The other odd behavior was the wireless tab on the left. It won’t load the side menu or the top menu, just the general settings page.

I updated to the latest beta, but the same issues persisted. I then took the plunge and did a factory reset last night. I logged in throughout the day and slowly getting everything back up and running (entware, dhcp, ddns, etc.). However, when I got home from work (19hrs after the factory reset), the behavior is back. I can’t apply settings or even view my wireless settings. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you tried alternative browsers yet?

I had a similar problem once using the same router as you, and lets encrypt. I used it to enable the use of the https login from lan. It was a nightmare I had to ditch lets encrypt, and I went back to http access and it straightened out. Sorry mate that's all I got!

I had a similar problem once using the same router as you, and lets encrypt. I used it to enable the use of the https login from lan. It was a nightmare I had to ditch lets encrypt, and I went back to http access and it straightened out. Sorry mate that's all I got!
How can I disable it? I have the same issue as with other settings. It just logs me out.

How can I disable it? I have the same issue as with other settings. It just logs me out.
Do you have ssh access to the router?
I don't know the nvram values to use but I'm sure someone else does, or you could reset to defaults and just not setup lets encrypt.

The other thing is if you are using backed up settings imported after the f/w flash that is the issue entirely.

Do you have ssh access to the router?
I don't know the nvram values to use but I'm sure someone else does, or you could reset to defaults and just not setup lets encrypt.
I do have ssh. I didn't backup my settings as I hadn't finished with everything. Looks like I will be resetting to defaults. It wasn't as bad as I remembered anyways. Maybe I will try to save and load the current values. Perhaps it will work long enough for me to disable lets encrypt.

I wouldn't. You should just reload your settings from scratch then back it up again. Just don't use lets encrypt for that purpose. Pixelserv-tls by @kvic will generate a certificate for your HTTPS access. he has a script you can run but you have to have Pixelserv-tls installed, either by itself or with the installation of Diversion Standard Edition by @thelonelycoder

One last thing, don't allow your ssh or webui to be accessed from the web. Lan side only. This is well documented.

I wonder if that is part of my problem. My WiFi is split, they are named I-Team and I-Team_5G. Also, some of my DHCP use an _
Get rid of the dash.

I wonder if that is part of my problem. My WiFi is split, they are named I-Team and I-Team_5G. Also, some of my DHCP use an _
Dash and underscore are usually OK as long as they are not the first or last character.

Tell for sure....hit F12 to start the browser console before trying to bring up the wireless page, select wireless and note any errors under the console menu item.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!