What's new

Looking for an 8 port gig switch that runs on 12 volts DC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BigBillsd

Occasional Visitor
I have found switches that run on 5v & 9v but have yet to find one that runs on 12v. I am trying to find a couple gig switches that I don't require a buck converter to change my RV's voltage from 12v to some other voltage. I bought one, I thought was 12v but it turned out to be 5 volt. Returning that one. Anyone know of one that runs on 12v volt? I need 8 ports, slightly less or more is ok. Space is at a premium on a Motorhome. Thanks,Bill

Last edited:
It worked as the picture showed. 12v and the center was positive like most connectors you can order! Worked so well, I just installed a second one in the rear of the RV. Now to find a 12v AP. My current AP's are 5v so they require a buck converter... one more thing to break.

Hey, those Netgear GS308 Gig switches just dropped $5 each on Amazon today to $18! Called them and they credited me $10, had to escalate to a supervisor, so made about a $1 a minute. -Bill

PS. Thanks to Slickdeals.net for emailing that to me this afternoon. I wonder how they knew.. spooky.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!