What's new

Looking to improve my AP's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin_Joe

Regular Contributor
Hi
I remember reading years ago how I should have a router that I could limit my sessions to protect the TL-WA901ND ap's from being overworked and destroyed.
Bought a TL-ER6020.
Fast forward to today and the Windows 11 can easily push past the max safe session limit, of 200, for the TL-WA901ND.
What would be a good replacement for the TL-WA901ND's?
Able to withstand higher session limits or have built in protection?

Hi
I remember reading years ago how I should have a router that I could limit my sessions to protect the TL-WA901ND ap's from being overworked and destroyed.
Bought a TL-ER6020.
Fast forward to today and the Windows 11 can easily push past the max safe session limit, of 200, for the TL-WA901ND.
What would be a good replacement for the TL-WA901ND's?
Able to withstand higher session limits or have built in protection?

Are you confusing TCP sessions with wireless clients? The AP has no session table, it is a layer 2 device. Your router is what needs to be able to handle simultaneous sessions and new sessions per second. Even home routers can handle in the thousands typically. All you really need to be concerned with is number of clients and the amount of bandwidth they're consuming when it comes to APs.

Are you confusing TCP sessions with wireless clients? The AP has no session table, it is a layer 2 device. Your router is what needs to be able to handle simultaneous sessions and new sessions per second. Even home routers can handle in the thousands typically. All you really need to be concerned with is number of clients and the amount of bandwidth they're consuming when it comes to APs.
If I could find the original Thread I would link it
Have a look at this and see if you can find your answer

My recovering tech support guy seems to feel I have created an enigma and have discovered a way to get all the ap's to support one another so that you can't find a weak spot in the whole house.
I prefer magic to witchcraft...lol

You have 6x ancient APs on 2.4GHz? The story is getting better and better...

Single EAP245v3 dual-band can replace them all with VLAN separated SSIDs.
I don't see any brands mentioned that I might be willing to adopt into my hive...😁

puff puff pass

The moral of the thread is lost in smoke. None of this makes sense.

Get rid of the old gear and invoke efficiencies.

I believe @Smokin_Joe is building Wi-Fi mosquito zapper.

"Sympathetic resonance is a fun idea, it does exist in physics. It isn't a totally wacko idea that multiple APs might be amplifying each other"
quoted from qualified source
My thoughts...
Magic, witchcraft or physics pick two...lol
and no smoke involved but I was a judge in the cannabis cup in 1999...lol
More off topic to follow....

Last edited:
This website is extremely difficult to post from phone...too many wrong responses from the floating menu...post from pc tonight...later yokals

It isn't a totally wacko idea that multiple APs might be amplifying each other

The reason I asked you if you are planning more. Make sure you double the number. From 6 to 12, from 12 to 24. Otherwise it won't work.

Sorry can't agree..

puff puff pass

The moral of the thread is lost in smoke. None of this makes sense.

Get rid of the old gear and invoke efficiencies.
HUH...no comment on the unknowing.....
Puff your own vape
Last time I really smoked anything was when an out of work guy, collecting welfare told me he was buying a house....my comment was ..puff puff I want to talk to your realtor...I BOUGHT 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!