What's new

Low power 8ports gb managed switch that works

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mgiammarco

New Around Here
Hello,
I have a netgear gs108t that I use with synology (two ports lacp) two esxi small servers and some clients.

Since when I am using it with the above configuration I see:

- it is very hot;
- the web interface disappears until reboot;
- it is slow in reconfiguring ports.

I would like a suggestion of a 8ports gigabit switch with LACP and vlans that has "latest" technology so can use less power and work well under stress.

Thanks,
Mario

That one is pretty nice.

Also DLink DGS1100-08. What gen is your gs108t? I am not terribly impressed with Netgear's switches, but the latest generation is roughly half the power consumption of the first generation.

TP-Link SG-2008 might also be an option. May not be available yet, they list it as New and a lot of times TP-Links "new" stuff isn't actually widely available for awhile.

Hello,
I have a netgear gs108t that I use with synology (two ports lacp) two esxi small servers and some clients.

Since when I am using it with the above configuration I see:

- it is very hot;
- the web interface disappears until reboot;
- it is slow in reconfiguring ports.

I would like a suggestion of a 8ports gigabit switch with LACP and vlans that has "latest" technology so can use less power and work well under stress.

Thanks,
Mario
I bought a like-new GS108e (not t) on eBay some 2 years ago for some $60. Runs fine, not hot.
I've used Port Mirroring for Wireshark. I don't think they make those anymore so you may have to buy as I did.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!