What's new

gt ax 11000 pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

my ax1100 pro has never run into that error , what are you doing when that error pops up ?

I noticed the CPU on the GT-AX11000 "Pro" tends to overheat (WiFi restarts/GUI freezes while running an internal speed test thru GUI). I never had this issue with the non-pro version (reason I went back) running multiple 3rd party scripts, AiProtect, A. QoS etc....

It's sad Asus offers the option to run an internal speedtest but it overheats the CPU with these newer devices. Instead of fixing the issue, we're told not to use this option. They should remove the option instead. Haha we're moving backwards!!

I noticed the CPU on the GT-AX11000 "Pro" tends to overheat (WiFi restarts/GUI freezes while running an internal speed test thru GUI). I never had this issue with the non-pro version (reason I went back) running multiple 3rd party scripts, AiProtect, A. QoS etc....

It's sad Asus offers the option to run an internal speedtest but it overheats the CPU with these newer devices. Instead of fixing the issue, we're told not to use this option. They should remove the option instead. Haha we're moving backwards!!
Are you sure it was overheating? Just because the "WiFi restarts/GUI freezes" doesn't necessarily mean that it's heat related.

Are you sure it was overheating? Just because the "WiFi restarts/GUI freezes" doesn't necessarily mean that it's heat related.
That's a good question.

I didn't investigate further but it always happened when the CPU was running at around 93-95% (even had it exchanged with another Pro to eliminate faulty hardware).

I do the same testing on the non-pro version now even when CPU is at 94-95% without issues/crashes. It may very well be something else. I like having the option to run an internal speedtest thru the GUI. I'm able to do it now without having to worry about the GUI/router crashing on me.

That's a good question.

I didn't investigate further but it always happened when the CPU was running at around 93-95% (even had it exchanged with another Pro to eliminate faulty hardware).

I do the same testing on the non-pro version now even when CPU is at 94-95% without issues/crashes. It may very well be something else. I like having the option to run an internal speedtest thru the GUI. I'm able to do it now without having to worry about the GUI/router crashing on me.
In my experience any router will eventually grind to a halt if you saturate all its processors. It's just a matter of how long it takes to reach that point. RT throttling is just one of the ways the router tries to remain operational for as long as possible in the hope that the CPU load will eventually reduce.

In my experience any router will eventually grind to a halt if you saturate all its processors. It's just a matter of how long it takes to reach that point. RT throttling is just one of the ways the router tries to remain operational for as long as possible in the hope that the CPU load will eventually reduce.
I 100% agree with you on this as well...but I'm not sure why it's never happened with the non-pro version, at least in my own experience. I honestly want the newer router, but can't afford the issues that come with it at this time. Maybe I'll try again at a later time.

never happened with the non-pro version

Different hardware device, runs different firmware under the hood.

If the CPU really overheats you'll see core shutdown messages in logs. It starts happening at 100C.

in close to 2 years have never had my 1100 pro use more than 6-7% of any CPU it has never overheated runs at a steady 64C . I run a speed test once in a while have never seen it tax the CPU or heat thing up . I run as few things as possible on the router leave the heavy lifting to real machines

I run as few things as possible on the router leave the heavy lifting to real machines
I'm glad you never had issues with your router (mininal use). Running an internal speedtest thru GUI is not really heavy lifting though...at least not on mine non-pro version. These options should be removed by Asus if they're gng to end up breaking the router since it's consider "heavy-lifting"!!!

Last edited:
I'm glad you never had issues with your router (mininal use). Running an internal speedtest thru GUI is not really heavy lifting though...at least not on mine non-pro version. These options should be removed by Asus if they're gng to end up breaking the router since it's consider "heavy-lifting"!!!
Speed test is not heavy lifting during speed test cpu 12% temp 61 c nothing out of line , there must be something else going on with your router

sorry for not replying i was ill for a few days
speedtests now are being normal no more latency spikes
did you track down what was causing the crashes ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!