What's new

Luma Now Shipping, Coming To Best Buy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
Not satisfied to let eero have all the shelf space to itself, "surround" Wi-Fi maker Luma today announced it's now available for general purchase and will be coming to Best Buy stores in July.
luma_colors.jpg
eero had previously announced its own deal with Best Buy, but was fuzzier on when it would be in stores, saying only "this summer".

Luma is shaping up to be a serious contender for eero, given its backing from Amazon. Both products are now available from both retailers (Luma for pre-order only, however). But with money riding on Luma, Amazon could provide additional sales oomph by featuring it prominently on its site.

Luma still lags eero on availability, shipping only to pre-order customers. SmallNetBuilder is one of those, and we've yet to receive our three pack. Amazon has both the single and three-pack Luma SKUs up for pre-order, with no indication on when shipment will be.

Luma continues to be more aggressive then eero on price, with a single Luma at $150 vs. $200 and three-pack for $400 vs. $500.

I had 6 Luma devices ordered and cancelled after they shipped to Best Buy before me. Numerous broken
promises and lack of promised features. I wish them well, but using 3 Eero devices now.

I am hopeful eero writeuos out its supply chain issues.

I really want them to succeed as competition generally spurs innovation.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!