What's new

Manually Assigned IP List Gone After Reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This may be interesting.....the '<' is a field separator for the staticlist.....but it didn't say where????? What does the Learn More link say?

@RMerlin - FYI
So actually, the error you pointed out with the < field separator occurred when I clicked on the DHCP Server tab. The Learn More link is this:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US...m=firefox-console-errors&utm_campaign=default

OR in Chrome:
jquery.js:5 Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/10...468057032672861_1543993867889&_=1543993867890 with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.
send @ jquery.js:5
ajax @ jquery.js:5
faqURL @ httpApi.js:447
initial @ Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:65
onload @ Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:498

Only other thing I can think of to capture is the jffs permissions...

ll /jffs | grep nvram
ll /jffs/nvram

After that...starting over sounds like a good idea.

ll /jffs | grep nvram
ll /jffs/nvram

admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# ll /jffs | grep nvram
drwxrwxrwx 2 admin root 0 Dec 4 19:35 nvram/
admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# ll /jffs/nvram
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 66 Nov 7 07:35 asus_device_list
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 49 May 4 2018 bwdpi_app_rulelist
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 84 May 4 2018 custom_clientlist
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 6 May 4 2018 keyword_sched
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 54 May 4 2018 lb_skip_port
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 794 May 4 2018 nc_setting_conf
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 50 May 4 2018 qos_orates
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 107 May 4 2018 qos_rulelist
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 6 May 4 2018 url_sched
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 0 May 4 2018 wl0_maclist_x
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 0 May 4 2018 wl0_rast_static_client
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 6 May 4 2018 wl0_sched
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 0 May 4 2018 wl1_maclist_x
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 0 May 4 2018 wl1_rast_static_client
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 6 May 4 2018 wl1_sched
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 0 Nov 7 07:33 wl_maclist_x
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 0 Nov 7 07:33 wl_rast_static_client
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin root 6 May 4 2018 wl_sched
admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root#

ll /jffs | grep nvram
ll /jffs/nvram

Also, should I start over differently than usual to ensure this gets wiped out? I was just going to Restore Factory Defaults in the Administration tab.
Would going to Merlin change anything in this scenario (I know your fork won't work b/c of newer code base)?

Also, should I start over differently than usual to ensure this gets wiped out? I was just going to Restore Factory Defaults in the Administration tab.
In addition to doing the restore factory defaults, I might do a Reformat JFFS at next boot after the reseet completes. I did a quick look at the code, and didn't immediately see where it reset the nvram directory
Would going to Merlin change anything in this scenario (I know your fork won't work b/c of newer code base)?
Nothing that I know of, but I haven't kept track of all the changes in this area.

In addition to doing the restore factory defaults, I might do a Reformat JFFS at next boot after the reseet completes. I did a quick look at the code, and didn't immediately see where it reset the nvram directory

Nothing that I know of, but I haven't kept track of all the changes in this area.
Reformat JFFS at next boot: is that in Merlin only? If I stay on ASUS stock, how is that accomplished?

Reformat JFFS at next boot: is that in Merlin only? If I stay on ASUS stock, how is that accomplished?
Oh...I didn't think that was Merlin unique.....

check to see if the following returns a value
nvram get jffs2_format

Oh...I didn't think that was Merlin unique.....

check to see if the following returns a value
nvram get jffs2_format
admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get jffs2_format
admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root#

No value returned. I actually just assumed Reformat JFFS was unique to Merlin, as I don't see it in stock (unless I missed it).

Then I guess it's just a factory reset....good luck!
Thanks for all of your help. I've performed a factory reset (along with a firmware update that released today for Asus stock). I did another factory reset after the firmware update completed just to be sure. I've entired a manual assignment and rebooted. So far, so good. I went back and looked at the jffs permissions and they were the same as before. I also watched the browser console and saw the same errors as were discussed previously. I'll post if something changes. Thanks again everyone.

I went back and looked at the jffs permissions and they were the same as before. I also watched the browser console and saw the same errors as were discussed previously.
Thanks for the taking the time to go back and double check those items. At least we now know they were not playing a role (although the mystery remains).