What's new

May 23, 2018 RT-AC88U new firmware 384_20942 available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Meh I wonder why they advertised a new firmware then pulled it?

It is starting to popup on the download pages for the 68U and 5300 (found it under Windows 7). I'm guessing someone pulled the trigger too quick on the server that provides the alert inside the firmware and that it wasn't fully staged yet for deployment.

Now my yellow exclamation mark is blinking again stating that a new firmware version is available, however, when I click on upgrade now it returns that I'm using the latest version.

Last edited:
It is now available

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20942
2018/05/24
45.86 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20942
- Improved system stability.
- Improved AiMesh performance.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.
- Fixed OpenVPN client authentication issues.
- Fixed DDNS register bugs.
- Administrator can asisgn specific WAN interface to register DDNS in dual wan load balance mode.
- Fixed OpenVPN client DNS related issues.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 7499755a71f6306174425106103a26e6

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC88U/FW_RT_AC88U_300438420942.ZIP

Last edited:
Thank you Squall for posting the link to it.:D I just installed it and will report back if anything strange occurs. I was up over a month on the previous version without issue and I hope this one runs just as well.

Last edited:
I didn't have the flashing yellow exclamation point but when I went to the Administration ==> Firmware Update Tab and checked it was there for my RT-AC3100 and its 3 RT-AC68U nodes. Updated and all is working fine even though two of the nodes are converted TM-AC1900's.

I also want to say that this latest release appears to have improved stability for devices on the nodes such that they are staying connected, at least for the last 24 hours. Previously they would disconnect so often that I had to reboot them daily to reconnect them which is pretty ridiculous. My CetonCorp Echo Windows Media Center Extenders are very sensitive to network issues but the one I have connected to a Trendnet Bridge has no issues at all which points to the Asus AiMesh nodes being the issue. Hopefully this stability is long term.

That is good news if they've improved the stability and compatibility of this firmware.:D

Someone tested the iptv, freeze, glitchglitches, etc? OpenVPN?

I have a rt-ac88u router and an rt-ac86u node with firmware 3.0.0.4.384.20379 that fits me perfectly because I have updated to the latest firmware version and all the problems come back, when I test the Wi-Fi the jitter goes up to 55 even more and of course the speed decreases much the test is 5g I have movistar 600mg and I had to go back to the previous version .. it happens the same or something like this firmware is fine.
regards..

How come it's so quiet here? Are no one experiencing any trouble with this firmware? Have Asus finally sorted out all bugs?

How come it's so quiet here? Are no one experiencing any trouble with this firmware? Have Asus finally sorted out all bugs?
only available for few routers, how to do reliable tests with 68U on 20942 and 86U still on 20648?

only available for few routers, how to do reliable tests with 68U on 20942 and 86U still on 20648?

My mistake, I took this for a thread for AC88U with 384_20942 firmware, and not the Official Release thread for 384_20942 for all supported models...
So I just wondered if not anyone with AC88U and 384_20942 fw were having any issues with this fw...

Not having any issue with this firmware, so far. I have the impression this version is more solid and stable than the previous one. Good job ASUS.

Sent from Nokia 7 Plus with Tapatalk

I haven't seen any issues with it yet either.

I'm coming from Asus Merlin RT-AC88U_380.65_4 firmware. I setup static DHCP and I'm able to do nslookups of the hostname and IP addresses of my internal servers. I wanted to checkout AiMesh so I upgraded to the official 384.20942 Asus firmware. I reset/initialized the settings to factory settings and attempted to setup static DHCP (Click on LAN -> DHCP Server -> Enable Manual Assignment (yes) -> populate the MAC and IP address fields) as well. I do not see a field where you can assign a name to a host, I can click on the icon for the host, and I can assign a name thru there. However, I'm unable to do the same nslookups for internal servers...looks like it's not resolving. Is this feature not available in the stock firmware? Other than that, it's pretty solid. I haven't run into issues.

Thanks.

I'm coming from Asus Merlin RT-AC88U_380.65_4 firmware. I setup static DHCP and I'm able to do nslookups of the hostname and IP addresses of my internal servers. I wanted to checkout AiMesh so I upgraded to the official 384.20942 Asus firmware. I reset/initialized the settings to factory settings and attempted to setup static DHCP (Click on LAN -> DHCP Server -> Enable Manual Assignment (yes) -> populate the MAC and IP address fields) as well. I do not see a field where you can assign a name to a host, I can click on the icon for the host, and I can assign a name thru there. However, I'm unable to do the same nslookups for internal servers...looks like it's not resolving. Is this feature not available in the stock firmware? Other than that, it's pretty solid. I haven't run into issues.

Thanks.
its a merlin feature never been on stock.

Dual Wan issue here, when i pull out second isp cable from the router (lan4) and then, plug it back i have no internet access, asus shows that first isp is in cold stand by. Reboot don't fix the issue, turn off/on from the button fix it so far.