What's new

Merlin - FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

copperhead

Occasional Visitor
Just purchased the Asus RT-AC86U but am debating going with the Asus GT-AC2900 to get the extra DFS Channels + 160 Mhz channel width. Those extras are likely to never be used but still nice to have options. With Merlin being in BETA for this GT router helps.

Anyway some feature suggestions:

1. Search Bar -- a global search bar that when used can help you locate a particular item. Clicking on the item takes you to the tab / area

2. Internet Traffic Gauge Setting -- At the moment the live gauge shows a dynamically changing horizontal bar. The size of the bar is worthless (Down = 1 MB/s shows a full gauge). Allow me to set my Internet Speed's actual upper limit (ie. max is 70 Mbps / 10 Mbps) this way the dynamic gauge is more meaningful

3. Data Cap Limiter -- If one doesnt have an Unlimited plan they're sure to shoot past their monthly allotted data limit. Add some data usage limiter for a particular cycle. Think android data usage.

4. VPN for Specific list of MACs or Ports

I don't believe there are any extra 'DFS' channels available on the GT model.

1., 2., 3., features get added very infrequently. Good suggestions, but not the focus of RMerlin's work.

4. Already there.

I don't believe there are any extra 'DFS' channels available on the GT model.

1., 2., 3., features get added very infrequently. Good suggestions, but not the focus of RMerlin's work.

4. Already there.

I thought for 4. you could only specify ip address or ip range, but not macs or ports? You could though bind a mac with an ip which is what I do so it doesn't change.

.....feature suggestions:
  • Data Cap Limiter -- If one doesnt have an Unlimited plan they're sure to shoot past their monthly allotted data limit. Add some data usage limiter for a particular cycle. Think android data usage.

• VPN for Specific list of MACs or Ports

Using scripts, both of the above can be implemented.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!