What's new

MerlinAU MerlinAU v1.2.2 - The Ultimate Firmware Auto-Updater (Now available in AMTM)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MerlinAU Version 1.1.4 released.

What's Changed/Fixed?:

PR: #213 - Modified top section/header of the Main Menu.
  • This PR is for the top section/header of the Main Menu was modified to allow for a bit longer/better description of the listed items. (Thanks @Martinski4GitHub)!
PR: #214 - Update GUI Menu Sizes, Fix Changelog Check, and Email Highlight Changelog Changes, SHA256 changes
PR: #215 - Minor code fixes & improvements.
  • This PR is all about barious minor code fixes & improvements. One of which is an improved password debounce when pressing "TAB" key to view the password. (Thanks @Martinski4GitHub)!
Tightening up some code & general code improvements.
Fantastic work on this @ExtremeFiretop and @Martinski! You guys are KILLIN' IT! :)

This is a sample of what it looks like in dev version of MerlinAU (posted with permission of @ExtremeFiretop):
Code:
   ┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
   │                        Node ID: 5                        │
   │ GT-AXE16000/GT-AXE16000-B4F0: 192.168.222.250            │
   │ F/W Version Installed: 3004.388.7.alpha1_rog-g4c689dffeb │
   │ F/W Update Available: NONE FOUND                         │
   └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Hey @visortgw i literally just noticed in this message you had a GT-AXE16000 listed.
This model is still listed as an "untested" model on our Github:
  • GT-AXE16000 (Untested)
  • GT-AC2900 (Untested)
  • RT-AX68U (Untested)
  • RT-AX56U (Untested)
  • RT-AX3000 (Untested)
Did you happen to ever install MerlinAU on that node for testing? Based on the specs of that beast I don't expect an issue but just figured I'd ask.
Actually while I'm bringing this up, if anyone is using MerlinAU on any of the models listed above feel free to report :)

Hey @visortgw i literally just noticed in this message you had a GT-AXE16000 listed.
This model is still listed as an "untested" model on our Github:
  • GT-AXE16000 (Untested)
  • GT-AC2900 (Untested)
  • RT-AX68U (Untested)
  • RT-AX56U (Untested)
  • RT-AX3000 (Untested)
Did you happen to ever install MerlinAU on that node for testing? Based on the specs of that beast I don't expect an issue but just figured I'd ask.
Actually while I'm bringing this up, if anyone is using MerlinAU on any of the models listed above feel free to report :)
Yes, I did briefly -- it is an AiMesh node. I can reinstall if you'd like.

Yes, I did briefly -- it is an AiMesh node. I can reinstall if you'd like.

Would be ideal to get all the Merlin models tested (even the ones that we don't expect issues like your GT-AXE16000) before opening the gate on Gnuton models
But it's not a priority or mission critical in anyway, if you happen to test it on that node again for the next update, please let me know and I'll update the list!

Thanks bud!

Would be ideal to get all the Merlin models tested (even the ones that we don't expect issues like your GT-AXE16000) before opening the gate on Gnuton models
But it's not a priority or mission critical in anyway, if you happen to test it on that node again for the next update, please let me know and I'll update the list!

Thanks bud!
It's reinstalled on GT-AXE16000 AiMesh node. No apparent issues.

It's reinstalled on GT-AXE16000 AiMesh node. No apparent issues.

Awesome thanks for the quick turnaround to reinstall :)
Will you be keeping it installed until the next firmware release by chance? Or will you just test the flash at the time the next release is available?

Will you be keeping it installed until the next firmware release by chance? Or will you just test the flash at the time the next release is available?
I can keep it installed.

I can keep it installed.
If you would be so kind, I might need your feedback for the upcoming version of RTRMON as well, since you have that AXE16000... I unfortunately have no way of testing what things truly look like when all the wifis are going all at once... ;) Would love it if you might please send me some screenshots just to make sure everything is spaced and lined up! :)

If you would be so kind, I might need your feedback for the upcoming version of RTRMON as well, since you have that AXE16000... I unfortunately have no way of testing what things truly look like when all the wifis are going all at once... ;) Would love it if you might please send me some screenshots just to make sure everything is spaced and lined up! :)
Will RTRMON function on AiMesh node? If so, I'd be more than willing to assist.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240524_143642_JuiceSSH.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_143642_JuiceSSH.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 17
Just an idea if you really wanted to test that update function, provided the user is kind enough for their machine to be used as a guinea pig, would be to downgrade the FW, then have MerlinAU check for an update?

Just an idea if you really wanted to test that update function, provided the user is kind enough for their machine to be used as a guinea pig, would be to downgrade the FW, then have MerlinAU check for an update?

Correct, but I wasn't going to ask any user to do that when there is a 99.9% chance his AXE16000 is gonna work the same way as my AXE11000.
Like I mentioned above this is not mission critical it's just to knock some routers off the list to say it's been flashed successfully

Thanks! 🙂

Last edited:
Correct, but I wasn't going to ask any user to do that when there is a 99.9% chance his AXE16000 is gonna work the same way as my AXE11000.
Like I mentioned above this is not mission critical it's just to knock some routers off the list to say it's been flashed successfully

Thanks! 🙂
I decided to "take one for (the benefit of) the team". I manually downgraded my GT-AXE16000 from 3004.388.7_rog to 3004.388.6_2_rog — I use ROG versions (when available) on AIMesh nodes. MerlinAU detected the available update upon launch. I manually initiated "1. Run F/W Update Check Now" to manually kicked off the process for MerlinAU to download and install the 3004.388.7_rog upgrade. After answering a couple of prompts, the update completed with not even the slightest glitch!

I decided to "take one for (the benefit of) the team"
I for one am really pleased it worked for you and thanks for being the kindest guinea pig 🐹 .

I would have felt terrible if it caused an issue, but ultimately @ExtremeFiretop was right and I probably should not have made the cheeky suggestion, discretion being the better part of valour :) .

I decided to "take one for (the benefit of) the team". I manually downgraded my GT-AXE16000 from 3004.388.7_rog to 3004.388.6_2_rog — I use ROG versions (when available) on AIMesh nodes. MerlinAU detected the available update upon launch. I manually initiated "1. Run F/W Update Check Now" to manually kicked off the process for MerlinAU to download and install the 3004.388.7_rog upgrade. After answering a couple of prompts, the update completed with not even the slightest glitch!

This is fantastic news, and honestly you went above and beyond for me tonight so I really appreciate that. A+ for sure!

I'll be updating the list now and honestly at this point it's up to you if you want to keep it installed but for my purposes this was more than enough validation.

Thanks again!

but ultimately @ExtremeFiretop was right and I probably should not have made the cheeky suggestion, discretion being the better part of valour.

We can always ask or make suggestion!
but I definitely wouldn't push for instant results. This isn't something I needed tested badly but it was something I wanted tested -someday- hahaha 🤣

This is fantastic news, and honestly you went above and beyond for me tonight so I really appreciate that. A+ for sure!

I'll be updating the list now and honestly at this point it's up to you if you want to keep it installed but for my purposes this was more than enough validation.

Thanks again!
I also have a decommissioned RT-AX68U that I can test when I get home mid-week.