What's new

Mesh comparability AXE16000 & AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

houghton19

Regular Contributor
Hi peeps, I’m know best nothing regarding Aimesh. I recently upgraded from the AC5300 to an AXE16000. I am running both on the most recent Merlín firmware. I have tried setting the 5300 as a slave but it doesn’t connect. I think I even tried hard wiring the two and it still didn’t pick up the 5300.

Are they comparable to work together?

Thanks.

Hi peeps, I’m know best nothing regarding Aimesh. I recently upgraded from the AC5300 to an AXE16000. I am running both on the most recent Merlín firmware. I have tried setting the 5300 as a slave but it doesn’t connect. I think I even tried hard wiring the two and it still didn’t pick up the 5300.

Are they comparable to work together?

Thanks.
They should work OK but the AC5300 may limit the performance of the AXe16000. Also best to run Asus factory firmware on the AiMesh node, your AC5300

Thanks for that. I’ll try it that way.

I was thinking of using a ethernet to home plug, both ends for the back haul hoping it’s faster than WiFi between.

Had a play about today and got the AC5300 in a aimesh as a node. I reset back to factory and removed Merlín.

I’m also running through a switch and a set of home plugs and still sees a gigabit back haul 😬 thanks.

I have the same setup. I reset both with the electric reset method after installing the latest Merlin for both.
I started the 16000, and after it was running, then did the mesh. I followed the UM and advice here. It was a truly easy operation...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!