What's new

Minidlna disappears on RT-AC68U (wired)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tchad

New Around Here
Hi everyone

Do any of you have problems with the dlna-function of RT-AC68U?

Minidlna keeps disappearing from client devices (SmartTV and VLC-player), requiring a restart of the service. It happens quite randomly within a timespan of 30 minutes to 12 hours.

Firmwares tried: Merlin 378.51 Beta 1 (28-Feb-2015), Merlin 376.49_5 (9-Jan-2015) and serveral ASUS stock firmware versions.
Log: No (parsing) errors
Service: Still running
Connection (in relation to this thread): Wired from the router to clients, so that is not the problem

I even tried installing minidlna 1.1.4 through debian running on entware, but the server still disappears.

Do you have any ideas? I suspect the router is somehow blocking port 1900 due to inactivity, but I can't see anything about that in the main log.

Minidlna log (debian version):
[2015/02/28 16:13:16] minidlna.c:1055: warn: Starting MiniDLNA version 1.1.4.
[2015/02/28 16:13:16] minidlna.c:355: warn: Creating new database at /opt/minidlna/files.db
[2015/02/28 16:13:16] minidlna.c:1094: warn: HTTP listening on port 8200
[2015/02/28 16:13:16] scanner.c:726: warn: Scanning /mnt/Videos
[2015/02/28 16:15:07] scanner.c:813: warn: Scanning /mnt/Videos finished (90 files)!
[2015/02/28 16:27:51] playlist.c:125: warn: Parsing playlists...
[2015/02/28 16:27:51] playlist.c:259: warn: Finished parsing playlists.​

The minidlna server broadcast doesn't play nice with IGMP Snooping. If you are using a wired connection, go to the LAN/IPTV tab and make sure IGMP Snooping is disabled.

@tchad : When you say it's a wired connection....is it direct to the router? Any media bridge or switch involved?

I have noticed something important - when I added "iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 8200 -j ACCEPT" to JFFS scripts, my minidlna server started to be randomly not visible for my dlna devices.
Maybe you are experiencing similar problem.

Port UDP 1900 is used by UPnP. Maybe try to enable this service in WAN > Internet Connection > Basic Config > UPNP

Last edited:
I have added:

echo 0 > /sys/class/net/br0/bridge/multicast_snooping

to JFFS startup-script and problem with randomly not visible DLNA serves has gone :)

On stock DLNA and Debian minidlna as well.

I have added:

echo 0 > /sys/class/net/br0/bridge/multicast_snooping

to JFFS startup-script and problem with randomly not visible DLNA serves has gone :)

On stock DLNA and Debian minidlna as well.

Hi Sebzab,

I have the exact same problem. Where should I add the line you specified? Where I can find the JFFS startup-script?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!