What's new

MoCA 2.0 Actiontech ECB6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So are you finding the yitong's to be faster or more stable than the actiontec - or pretty much the same?

sorry i missed your question...

the yitongs are somewhat unstable. i have one of them that locked up every few days. it was bad enough that i bought a controllable power switch and hooked it up to a raspberry pi which monitors connectivity to my servers and power-cycles the yitong. i contacted yitong support about this months ago and some french guy in las vegas told me to send the adapter to him, but i never did it. now it looks like yitong is gone, or at least their presence on amazon is gone. i've had one of the other ones lock up once or twice over the past year, but that particular one is really bad. so i'm left with this hack to keep the network connectivity between the television and my servers up.

i have been considering the actiontec 6200s in light of this, as it appears they should be faster. my new motivation is that ATT is pushing into my neighborhood with gigapower, but i'd most likely have to attach the ATT wan into my network behind one of the 'remote' moca adapters and so i'd like as much speed as possible. however it looks like encryption on the 6200 is still a mixed bag.

is moca 2.5 or 3.0 really coming? it may pay off to wait if there are consumer products in the pipeline.

A long overdue update on this thread. I've experienced ZERO performance degradation or connectivity issues with this MoCA adapter since installation with the new firmware.

i'm unable to attach it to this forum says not allowed any site I can upload it?, i'm heading to a conference atm.

Was anyone ever able to upload ecb_flashimage_2_11_1_50_6200_7.bin anywhere? I'd like to see if it fixes some of my lag and bandwidth issues.

Actually you have to be careful. There are two types of ECB6200. One with a vented case top (HW: 2C) and another without a top vent case (HW 2A). The firmware you just gave is specifically for the non-vent top.

As of Sept 7, 2018 the latest versions are:
Vented Case Top = Hardware 2C = 2.11.1.50.6200.7
Non-Vented Case = Hardware 2A = 2.11.1.50.6200.727

So for those with a vented case top who plan to use this 727 firmware i am not sure if it might cause new problems since it wasnt meant for your device

Just bought ECB6200 and emailed Actiontec support regarding firmware. Got v2.11.1.50.6200.7 sent per mail. Apperently thats the way of obtaining firmware from Actiontec. My adapters already had this version, so did not need to update.

Anyways, though I'd share it here if others need it.
I got no checksum/ hash from the support, the SHA1 checksum inside the 7-Zip archive is created by me.
Both firmware and flash instructions provided by Actiontec is included.

Mega.nz: https://mega.nz/#F!etpWRAxb!avIEzkpWdLCXWZKjvhjuqQ
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uKCUqNBA_fwsn5b_TMKuSvsThPjKYTOR?usp=sharing

If anyone get newer firmware from Actiontec, please share.

Attachments

• upgrading_ecb6200_firmware.pdf
    39.4 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Ping's are about 3 msec greater than what I see via Wi-Fi.

The MoCA 2.0 spec requires a latency less than 3.6 msec (average) and less 5.1 msec (99.9%). This is almost identical to the MoCA 1.0 spec, and it is less than the MoCA 1.1 spec of 4.5 msec (average) and 7.5 msec (99.9%). One of the ways they reduced the latency in MoCA 2.0 was to implement OFDMA for the Reservation Requests (RR), which allows the RR's to be made in parallel (see Monk, et al, The Multimedia Over Coax Alliance, Proc. of the IEEE, Vol 101, No, 11, Nov. 2013).

-pc

What does the Moca 2.5 spec require for latency?

Just bought ECB6200 and emailed Actiontec support regarding firmware. Got v2.11.1.50.6200.7 sent per mail. Apperently thats the way of obtaining firmware from Actiontec. My adapters already had this version, so did not need to update.

Anyways, though I'd share it here if others need it.
I got no checksum/ hash from the support, the SHA1 checksum inside the 7-Zip archive is created by me.
Both firmware and flash instructions provided by Actiontec is included.

Mega.nz: https://mega.nz/#F!etpWRAxb!avIEzkpWdLCXWZKjvhjuqQ
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uKCUqNBA_fwsn5b_TMKuSvsThPjKYTOR?usp=sharing

If anyone get newer firmware from Actiontec, please share.

Just contacted ScreenBeam (replaced Actiontec) today morning. And as of October 18, 2022 the later firmware is ecb_flashimage_2_11_1_50_6200_7.bin

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!