1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Modem recommendations for Vodafone UK Broadband?

Discussion in 'Routers' started by amemorymisread, Nov 21, 2019.

1. amemorymisread

amemorymisread New Around Here

Hi,

We're thinking of switching from TalkTalk to Vodafone broadband but it doesn't seem like the Vodafone router can be set up in bridged mode.

I currently use the TalkTalk router in bridged mode, and have an ASUS router connected to it with DDNS and VPN configured, which I don't really want to lose. I've been trying to find out information about the Vodafone "Hub" (fancy router) but all the posts I've found have been complaining about the lack of bridged mode, meaning I wouldn't be able to duplicate my current setup with the new router.

So, therefore, I'd like to know what modem to get that will allow me to use all the functions of my ASUS router. Unless, of course, there's a way I can configure the TT router to work with Vodafone - they both run on BT lines so, it's a long shot, but I think it could be possible, unless the TT router is locked to their network.

Sorry for the long-winded post!

2. AndreiV

AndreiV Very Senior Member

Zyxel VMG1312-B10A £15 second hand on Ebay UK
    Zyxel VMG3625-T20A £39,99 brand new on Ebay UK
    Draytek Vigor 130 on sale on too many sites to list.
    Zyxel has Broadcom chip, Vigor 130 is Lantiq/ECI

Zyxel are routers that can be set in bridge mode, Draytek is a modem only device.

3. amemorymisread

amemorymisread New Around Here

That first Zyxel would be perfect. Thank you!