What's new

Need advice on best afordable managed gigabit switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lupo

New Around Here
So I'm running out of ports on my 8 port NetGear GS108T. I also have an old 8 port Dell power connect 2708.

I'm looking for a new 16-24 managed gigabit switch that gives me features like VLAN's, link aggregation (so I can trunk 2 or 3 ports between the new switch and the old 8 port NetGear to give me more throughput on the up-link between the switches), and jumbo frame support if possible. ACL's on the VLAN's would also be a nice touch.

I'm trying to keep the price below $350. What would you all suggest? A new Dell power connect? Another Netgear? Do any of these switches have higher throughput than the others? (Although technically they should be the same.)

Are any of them more highly recommended than the others? Is there an area of the site where I can read about any testing done on these switches? (I know there are a lot of reviews on this site, just could not find the reviews on the managed switches)

If this was your money what would you buy and why?

Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!