What's new

Need Help - GT-AXE-11000 wired backhaul

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
I have a new GT-AXE-11000 with the latest firmware hard wired to a GT-AC5300 router using the AI Mesh.

When I view the 6e Ghz channel on the AXE it says using the 6e band for backhaul to the 5300 if you want to change settings
click here which brings me to the wireless settings. I see no option to change this.

In the Mesh settings I have use 1gb LAN as priority for the 5300. What can I do to make sure all 3 bands of the AXE are free and the
mesh backhaul is using the LAN connection only? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CC

I have a new GT-AXE-11000 with the latest firmware hard wired to a GT-AC5300 router using the AI Mesh.

When I view the 6e Ghz channel on the AXE it says using the 6e band for backhaul to the 5300 if you want to change settings
click here which brings me to the wireless settings. I see no option to change this.

In the Mesh settings I have use 1gb LAN as priority for the 5300. What can I do to make sure all 3 bands of the AXE are free and the
mesh backhaul is using the LAN connection only? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CC
1623793702190.png

short answer is "yes" as long as you are referring to AIMESH 2.0 ASUS branded routers
You can also set the preference per node, in the settings aimesh >>topology >> select node from tree >> Managment >>backhaul connection priority >> select wan first. Not sure what would happen if you main is aimesh 2.0 and the node only aimesh 1.0.