What's new

Need help on asus rog rapture gt-ac5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

robangel23

New Around Here
i have an asus rog rapture gt-ac5300. it was working fine when suddenly there was a power interruption that cause may router to soft brick... cant access the web gui. i mange to do re restoration and upload the latest firmware but the 5ghz connection drops/disconnecting from time to time. so i restore the later firmware which is gt-ac5300_3.0.0.4_384_81695-gfade4d7_cferom_ubi.w, i restored it but all the wifi mac address is gone, no wifi connection, only lan conection is working, also also the internet access but wifi is totally gone the 3 bands of wifi do not exist. i tried hard reset but wif mac is not appearing. i itry to restore thru ssh but cant pass here it says mtd-write2: not found, do i neat a usb to ttl cable to make it work. i tried to follow this video..

Attachments

• 5.1.jpg
    5.1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 5.2.jpg
    5.2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 299
  • lan mac.jpg
    lan mac.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 248
  • putty.jpg
    putty.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 341
Did you hard reset the router using the following steps? (Power off, then power on the GT-AC5300 while holding the WPS button) https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039078

Ensure that NVRAM is cleared (the hard reset should do this), then flash your firmware of choice after the initial reboot - I'd recommend going with the latest version 3.0.0.4.384_82037. Set up the configuration manually, from scratch, do not restore your previous configuration from a backup.

If your GT-AC5300 still doesn't function correctly after the process above, I'd suspect potential surge damage from the power interruption, especially if that power interruption was caused by a lightning strike.

Last edited:
You may also try to buy or borrow a new power adapter with the same specs and connector.
Usually what you're describing means bad luck :(

Definitely consider a UPS with some decent surge protection as well. They're often overlooked in any setup and are worth their weight in gold for the equipment damage they usually prevent.

i am able to do restoration... for now the 3rd band 5g gaming wifi is missing. cant do a hard reset coz it takes a lot of time to comeback online.... it take a day or half to work again...

Seems that your GT-AC5300 has a hardware issue. It may still work to some extent but I wouldn't rely on it for too much longer.