What's new

Need help to configure VPN server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MaxForce

New Around Here
Hi , I'm trying to have a open VPN server on my Asus rt68u, but I can't becUs it is on a DMZ IP from the ISP modem , so the router tell me that in a multiple NAT environment it's impossible to set a VPN server ...
There are some ways to fix this problem ?
Should I use DDNS on the ISP modem maybe ?

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

Can you set the ISP modem to operate in transparent mode so that it passes the WAN IP address to the router? If not, setting the DDNS on the ISP modem will at least get you part of the way there. You would need to manually edit the OVPN file exported from the router and replace the remote line to match that of the DDNS entry you're using. I think I saw a way for the router to also return the ISP modem IP address in a double NAT environment on the forum, but using the ISP modem setting will probably be less of a hassle.

Can you set the ISP modem to operate in transparent mode so that it passes the WAN IP address to the router?
Often called "bridge mode" in the modem configuration.