What's new

Need some feedback on EAP225 v3 from TPLINK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
Hi Guys

I am just expanding the wifi coverage . I do have r7800 . Over distance it cant give full speed to mobile devices.

looking for some feedback how good is this ap is .

https://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-4908_EAP225-V3.html
I added 2 of them to my house, replacing some older routers that I had converted to access points. They are excellent. My experience is that they work best if mounted horizontally, but that wasn't the result of a formal test, just a quick experiment. Buy then, can't beat them for $60

yeah thanks for feedback.

My query are is there any specific distance it can cover. What do you mean by horizontal . Was it not wall mountable and perfect for wireless throughput.

I can lay it on top of any cabinet. But will it be pushing signal upwards than pushing in sideways.

I need it to push signal sideways diagonaly.

Also what is rated speed one can get from this. Say it is connected to Wired 1gb line to my router which is connected with NAS.

I can get now with my built in AC card when connected to ac router R7800 which i will be pairing with.

688Mbps is to speed with actual of 77MB/s .

When i connect the same pc with this AP can i achieve the same or similar speed.

Also one of the reason i got this is its MU-MIMO capability. As i had ealier a linksys ea7500 router. Gave it to bro since wirining at his home is tough so made that wireless bridge repeater.

Now i have some weak signal even in hall and near by kitchen.

Planning to place this at hall. Hope the signal works the way i wants it. Say left and right and front. when mount on side wall top

i tried connecting the ap with no router and made a static ip to my laptop. I can connect to ap via controller . But i can reach the web interface. It says provisioning. Will router is mandate for it to get connected.

i hope it is not. As i cant upgrade the firmware on the controller software.

It is designed for ceiling mount. I had it mounted on the back of a cabinet, but felt that I had better coverage when I put it flat on top of the cabinet. I easily get 100MBs on 5, and well into the 50's with 2.4. In fact, it provides the best 2.4 signal of any device I've used at home.

I don't use the tplink controller software, just the native web interface. Setup was easy, plug it into POE feed, go into management interface via tplinkap.net. assign static IP, setup wireless config (which is oddly requires accessing a submenu to setup WPA2 security), and you are ready to go.

yeah thanks for feedback.

My query are is there any specific distance it can cover. What do you mean by horizontal . Was it not wall mountable and perfect for wireless throughput.

I can lay it on top of any cabinet. But will it be pushing signal upwards than pushing in sideways.

I need it to push signal sideways diagonaly.

Also what is rated speed one can get from this. Say it is connected to Wired 1gb line to my router which is connected with NAS.

I can get now with my built in AC card when connected to ac router R7800 which i will be pairing with.

688Mbps is to speed with actual of 77MB/s .

When i connect the same pc with this AP can i achieve the same or similar speed.

Also one of the reason i got this is its MU-MIMO capability. As i had ealier a linksys ea7500 router. Gave it to bro since wirining at his home is tough so made that wireless bridge repeater.

Now i have some weak signal even in hall and near by kitchen.

Planning to place this at hall. Hope the signal works the way i wants it. Say left and right and front. when mount on side wall top

ok what is role of controller software here.

Also can this be managed via outside home network. ie secure remote access web gui.

i believe cloud management is coming soon as per the ios mobile app.

All i saw as vpn and NAT.

I am currently able to hit the router and My NAS with remote port access. But how do i hit this. As the Public ip hit the specific port .

Not sure I understand what you are asking. I can manage my access points remotely by the VPN I have on my router (was a Netgear R7000, but just upgraded to ASUS RT-AC86u). I juts connect via OpenVPN, then I can access the EAP225s via their IP addresses. Seems to be the safest way to do things, and its fairly simple to setup

i know the vpn way. But i have issues with VPN as my router falls behind modem i hover arround via dynamicdns service and still i can take remote of router and NAS ie dashboard.

But coming to EAP i cant hit the either secure web server or normal http.

I did the portwarding for my router and nas in my modem. But cant get it to work.

As i can hit the wan ip with specific port can allow to me hit the device as all the rules will ease the access.

hope you now understand.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!