What's new

NETGEAR 5 Port Switch Latest Revision?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PinkFloydEffect

Regular Contributor
I am trying to temporarily expand on an ISPs all-in-one unit, I have the 4 LAN ports populated and need 3 more. Until I install a managed rack switch and security router (will be sending the ISPs unit back...all I need is their ONT).

So I ran out to the store to pickup a trusty 5 port Netgear switch, the little 5 port unmanaged switch has stayed unchanged to my knowledge for a long time now.
gaDavN6.jpg

Well to my surprise even though the stores website listed the original switch photo as "in store" when I picked it up it was a different model/shell. They seem to have recently changed the GS605 shell enclosure design, feels cheaply made. Now apparently Netgear sells a model GS205 5-port switch that looks identical to the new GS605. Is this still the same trusty GS605 I have known all these years or have they cheaply redesigned the internal hardware too?
zx82fcz.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!