What's new

NETGEAR Introduces Orbi Wi-Fi Mesh system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm on the other side of the like-Netgear stuff. My last one (R6300) never worked quite right from day one. I agree with the topology model of dedicated backhaul bandwidth. I'm waiting for the AmpliFi HD to be released. And yes I know AmpliFi doesn't dedicate a radio for that.

Yeah, I stayed away from the Netgear 6XXX routers...mostly because of what I read. Reviews here and elsewhere weren't encouraging.

They also don't support multi-hops. Each "mesh" point connects back only to the router.

at this stage neither does the orbi , it also works only in star topology

its yet to be seen if netgear pull the genie out of the bottle , no pun intended :)

Can an external hard drive be connected to the USB 2.0 port on the Orbi for network storage? There is a you tube video from The Mall of America with someone named Chris who says he works for Netgear and that you are able to connect an external HD.. On the tech specs from Netgear's site there is no mention of being able to use the USB port for Network storage.

Can an external hard drive be connected to the USB 2.0 port on the Orbi for network storage? There is a you tube video from The Mall of America with someone named Chris who says he works for Netgear and that you are able to connect an external HD.. On the tech specs from Netgear's site there is no mention of being able to use the USB port for Network storage.

hi at this stage the usb is not implemented , i can only guess its for something but at this stage no indication of what and if it will be used

pete

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!