What's new

Netgear Jaguar (Nighthawk X12) AX6000 Wireless Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Where is this information publicly posted?
It's not. That information came in the form of an email. I got one just like it (or very similar) over a month ago.

I'm a Netgear beta tester (not for this product though), so I try not to disclose anything I shouldn't (according to long, detailed NDA I signed). I didn't know if this fell into that category.

It's not. That information came in the form of an email. I got one just like it (or very similar) over a month ago.

I'm a Netgear beta tester (not for this product though), so I try not to disclose anything I shouldn't (according to long, detailed NDA I signed). I didn't know if this fell into that category.
Just heard from NETGEAR. They said they are OK with public disclosure of the Premier Membership program.

I restored the post, so comment away!

I am sorry but what exactly do you mean by this, all I used was available info on local retail sites when it comes to Netgear stuff
The RAX120 has been available via an invitation-only "Priemier Membership" program that has not been publicly posted. NETGEAR is still not publicly posting details about the program on their website, but has told me they are ok with the information being shared on other websites.

Looks like OFDMA is now selectable in Basic WiFi settings for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands in the latest 1.0.1.90 update released today.

PMF can now be disabled in Advanced WiFi Settings rather than Debug page.

Beacon Interval and DTIM Settings are now available in debug page.

Attachments

• 523C4D23-E616-4732-91D2-E25409A1B379.png
    523C4D23-E616-4732-91D2-E25409A1B379.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 433
  • FE3D4028-9792-4004-B541-C6ED4D9B3D30.png
    FE3D4028-9792-4004-B541-C6ED4D9B3D30.png
    118 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Looks like OFDMA is now selectable in Basic WiFi settings for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands in the latest 1.0.1.90 update released today.
Thanks for letting me know. It's interesting NETGEAR released OFDMA for the Qualcomm platform before the Broadcom.

I've been trying to test the RT-AX88U beta firmware and not seeing very good results so far.

The Multi-Gig Ethernet port on the RAX120, can this port be converted or set to work as a 5/2,5/1 Gig WAN port?
Cant find any info more that it can be connected to a Multi-Gigabit device.

The Multi-Gig Ethernet port on the RAX120, can this port be converted or set to work as a 5/2,5/1 Gig WAN port?
Cant find any info more that it can be connected to a Multi-Gigabit device.

Yes, that option exists in the Internet Setup Page page where it asks what you want to use as a wan port (WAN Port, 1Gb+1Gb link aggregation or 5Gbps Eth port)

Attachments

• 1F0E091B-B89A-4749-AE12-E48E767373DC.png
    1F0E091B-B89A-4749-AE12-E48E767373DC.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 417
Yes, that option exists in the Internet Setup Page page where it asks what you want to use as a wan port (WAN Port, 1Gb+1Gb link aggregation or 5Gbps Eth port)

Strange that they do not include this in the manual, thats greate.

So, I've had this for a couple weeks and I keep having issues. If I do a speed test, the speed test finishes, then the connection drops and I can't reconnect to the network with any wifi device. :( I have to restart the router to be able to reconnect. This doesn't happen with Ethernet speed tests.

Also, can't seem to get my Intel AX-200 card to connect with the 160MHz, it's always on 80MHz on the 5G radio. I have the latest official firmware on it, V1.0.1.90.

Just wanted to follow up with this. I contacted support via phone and they were pretty helpful. Seems this is a known bug on the .90 firmware. I've rolled back to the .84 and haven't had the issue again.

I can't find the link anymore, but I read the RAX120 runs the 15.05.1 (Chaos Calmer) release of OpenWrt (linux kernel 4.4.60). Can anyone confirm that?

I think Chaos Calmer contains qos-scripts v1.2.1 which utilizes sch_fq_codel. Does anyone know what the RAX120 uses for QoS? Qualcomm's StreamBoost? Some variant of OpenWrt's QoS?

Yes the the stock firmware is based on OpenWRT - Chaos Calmer, Kernel Version is 4.4.60 and Samba Version is 4.6.4. As for the QoS info, I'm not sure.

Yes the the stock firmware is based on OpenWRT - Chaos Calmer, Kernel Version is 4.4.60 and Samba Version is 4.6.4. As for the QoS info, I'm not sure.
Looking at the QoS which is very outdated I think its a Netgear proprietary one, it only works on the upstream and still has MSN messenger listed as well as Yahoo Messenger listed as clients to prioritise. It also does not work well, I get horrendous spikes with it on, 200-300ms but with it off I normally get 20-30ms so bufferbloat scores (I'm in the UK so I use Thinkbroadband's speed check) its generally A down and B or C up for bufferbloat. Turn on QoS and upstream hits F