What's new

Netgear LB1121

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

James M.

New Around Here
I recently got thisNetgear device for my internet. I recently purchased antennas to boost the signal and instead it seems to make it weaker. Antennas are 7dbi. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The ones I purchased had 3.5 stars. I have learned that the window I am positioning them by may have something to do with the effectiveness. Right now the device is doing better without them. I may need one that can be mounted outside.

I recently got thisNetgear device for my internet. I recently purchased antennas to boost the signal and instead it seems to make it weaker. Antennas are 7dbi. Any suggestions?

Use the antenna's that Netgear supplies, as they are RF matched to the 4G radio.

Any others will likely result in poor performance.

FWIW - I know this device, and the internal antennas are actually quite good, most folks won't need the externals in residential (or vehicle) applications.

I am now having issue w/ download speed. Test shows 570kbps and upload at 5.5 Mbps. Tried resetting modem and router andlimiting other devices with no change. Any thoughts.

I am now having issue w/ download speed. Test shows 570kbps and upload at 5.5 Mbps. Tried resetting modem and router andlimiting other devices with no change. Any thoughts.

Because LTE and the total system load across the local cell site and the core...

LTE wasn't really intended as a replacement for a DSL/Cable line for things...