What's new

Netgear Nighthawk X6S EX8000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Murtaza12

Regular Contributor
I've had many ups and downs with my ASUS RP-AC68U repeater and I can safely say it's a piece of trash, worst ASUS product I've ever owned.

My main router however is an X4S R7800 which I think was definitely worth the money paid for it. Best router I've used to date.

I wanted to ask if anyone's used the EX8000 range extender, particularly with the R7800, and if so, how's the performance and reliability?

The insides are Qualcomm, similar to the X4S so they should work well together.. Or at least I hope so.

All replies will be appreciated.

Yeah, I had the same Asus product for a few weeks. Piece of trash, kept waiting for new firmware...never came, so I returned it late. Couldn't believe that Asus would sell a worthless product like that. One of the reasons that I won't go to Asus for anything anymore. Amazon was nice enough to take it back at a slight discount. That was great for me, couldn't in good conscience sell that thing to someone else. Went from that to the Orbi, that I still have. And the eero. Of those two, the eero has been much more trouble-free. The eero and Orbi are both much more expensive than the EX8000, but they both make splendid AP's when connected to the R7800 in AP mode *smile*.

Review here, in case you haven't seen it:

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wir...awk-x6s-tri-band-wifi-range-extender-reviewed

Last edited:
Yeah, I had the same Asus product for a few weeks. Piece of trash, kept waiting for new firmware...never came, so I returned it late. Couldn't believe that Asus would sell a worthless product like that. One of the reasons that I won't go to Asus for anything anymore. Amazon was nice enough to take it back at a slight discount. That was great for me, couldn't in good conscience sell that thing to someone else. Went from that to the Orbi, that I still have. And the eero. Of those two, the eero has been much more trouble-free. The eero and Orbi are both much more expensive than the EX8000, but they both make splendid AP's when connected to the R7800 in AP mode *smile*.

Review here, in case you haven't seen it:

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wir...awk-x6s-tri-band-wifi-range-extender-reviewed

Pretty comprehensive review. Thanks.

Hopefully I don't get unlucky with a defective unit and then have to fix it myself like I did with the crappy ASUS one, which I know for sure that nobody will ever buy off me.

Pretty comprehensive review. Thanks.

Hopefully I don't get unlucky with a defective unit and then have to fix it myself like I did with the crappy ASUS one, which I know for sure that nobody will ever buy off me.

I have the EX8000 paired with the R7800 and works super! Only drawback, the EX8000 needs rebooting every 10 to 12 hours.

I have the EX8000 paired with the R7800 and works super! Only drawback, the EX8000 needs rebooting every 10 to 12 hours.

Reboot needed every 10 to 12 hours is a show-stopper for me. I'd be returning that one. Haven't needed to touch the eero since I needed to reset my MoCA adapters, don't know what happened there. That was at least a couple of months ago. The eero world is a very peaceful one *smile*.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!