What's new

Netgear Updating WNR2000 to v3 and the new WNR2200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mediatrek

Regular Contributor
It looks like Netgear has a new version of the WNR2000 coming out. Version 3 of the router will be going back to an Atheros chipset. The first version of the router used Atheros, and version 2 uses a Broadcom chipset. Unfortunately from the FCC filing photos I am not able to make out the model of the Atheros chip on WNR2000v3.

Also, it looks like a new model is coming too. The WNR2200 has the design of the WNDR3700 box, but smaller in size and glossy white instead of glossy black. It has four 10/100/1000 ethernet ports, USB port for ReadyShare, an on/off switch on the back, as well as a WiFi on/off button on the front, next to the push and connect button. The unit uses Atheros’ AR9287-BL1A chip.

Beyond this I know nothing else. I was hoping Netgear would have a successor to the WNDR3700 for the holiday season.

Beyond this I know nothing else. I was hoping Netgear would have a successor to the WNDR3700 for the holiday season.

They should fix all the bugs in the WNDR3700, prior to a new product release.
I am done with Netgear, until they put out a product that works and functions as advertised. Many of the current bugs could be fixed with firmware updates, but Netgear does not seem to have interest in providing a quality product to current users. We as consumers should hold off on giving our hard earned money to companies that are unwilling to provide customer service to those that have purchased their flag ship product.......

I've disassembled the firmware for the WNR2000v3 and here's the details:
Atheros chip: AR7240
Kernel: 2.6.15
Wifi Driver: Madwifi
Firmware size: 3MB
Shell: /bin/ash is enabled on ttys0, tts/0, and tty1
USB: There is no USB port available on my WNR2000v3. However, it appears that the kernel modules and hotplug are fully functional for a USB storage device.

This firmware image was taken from the CD that came with my preproduction sample. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P9OOVDFF

I've disassembled the firmware for the WNR2000v3 and here's the details:
Atheros chip: AR7240
Kernel: 2.6.15
Wifi Driver: Madwifi
Firmware size: 3MB
Shell: /bin/ash is enabled on ttys0, tts/0, and tty1
USB: There is no USB port available on my WNR2000v3. However, it appears that the kernel modules and hotplug are fully functional for a USB storage device.

This firmware image was taken from the CD that came with my preproduction sample. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P9OOVDFF
Hi! Path0s
where can you buy this Version 3 as I only find V2 in the Bay Area, CA