What's new

Netgear WNDR3700 V1 issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

msr999

New Around Here
I bought this router in Jan and have been extremely happy with it. Great throughput and reliability. But the wirless died on me a month ago. After contacing netgear and sending multiple emails to/fro with their customer support I was able to get them to send me a replacement. I was expecting the same performance I had before with the replacement router but I am very disappointed.
The network connections and the router and other devices placement hasn't changed since Jan. I didn't add any new devices (wirless or cordless) in last 6 months. The signal is poor(er) and throughput has gone down drastically. I am not sure what to do now.
I can try contact Netgear again but I doubt they will send me another box given this one is working
Is there any alternative firmwares I can try?
Or I can buy another router. I am hoping to avoid spending another $150 dollars if I can.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thank you
MSR

I would communicate your concerns with Netgear first before purchasing something else. Maybe you have a lemon.

Download and run Inssider - sounds like you might have a neighbor that has set up a new router on the same WiFi channel and is now interfering...

Alternately, try changing the WiFi channel on your router and see if that helps...