What's new

Network Services Filter still broken... How to enter rules manually in filter_lwlist?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rahman

New Around Here
RT-AX88U Pro running latest firmware 3.0.0.6.102_21514

This thread back in May reported the issue where anything added to the NSF list would not persist past hitting apply. (3.0.0.4.388_23285)

Now it is October and they still haven't fixed the issue!

Someone suggested editing /jffs/nvram/filter_lwlist via SSH but obviously my filter_lwlist is just an empty file.

Can someone upload theirs from a working router so I know how to format each line?

Thank you!

As of today 12/31/2023 the "Network services Filter" Tab is now fixed in the Firmware and is now working.

I downloaded Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.388_24231 on my RT-AX86U and the Network Service Screen is now working thanks to all who researched this and reached out to the ASUS Team to report the issue. A big thanks to the ASUS team for fixing this. Hope you keep monitoring these Boards and fix this sooner in the future.

BTW I had to force update the router as a normal pull failed to retrieve the new version. I also noticed ASUS RT-AC68U is on Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51668. Not sure if this would break my RT-AX86U
https://www.asus.com/us/networking-...ters/rtac68u/helpdesk_bios?model2Name=RTAC68U.

I do have the Original Factory Firmware and many of the suggestions above are specific to Merlin and do not work on the Factory Firmware. or I am not aware of how to make it work.

Happy New year to all.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!