What's new

New Asus RT-87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I assume it's not for sale yet?

Correct. Its details and specifications are also still confidential, beyond what Asus announced back at CES 2014.

Asus ac2400/rt-ac87r First User Reports

Went to my local bestbuy and noticed this router on sale so I bought and let me say this it looks clean and now it's time to hook it up. It cost me 269.99 total around 300 dollars

Hm, did some overzealous manager put them on the shelf earlier than expected? The router hasn't even officially launched yet.

Got a photo of it?

this is the box sorry its dark I don't have enough light in my room

Attachments

• 2014 711.jpg
    2014 711.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 706
How-come ?

How is the performance ? Range ? USB Speed ?

What is the firmware version ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Good find, someone might be getting a talking to when they go back to work once Asus notices :p

Anzaia

firmware 3.0.0.4.376_1311
performance is good just need to setup some more setting like qos the range is suppose to cover 5000sqft but I have yet to check it on my 2 story house.
usb speed I don't have anything to test the speeds sorry

after 5 hours up time router is still giving me 30 up 5 down. Web gui is acting slow sometimes un-responsive maybe due to the fact router hasn't been released yet

When you get a chance to connect over telnet/ssh mind doing the following;

nvram get clkfreq

Should give us an indication of how they are clocking the CPU/RAM by default (Probably can view this in the tools page on the GUI if your unfamiliar with telnet/ssh)

When you get a chance to connect over telnet/ssh mind doing the following;

Should give us an indication of how they are clocking the CPU/RAM by default (Probably can view this in the tools page on the GUI if your unfamiliar with telnet/ssh)

He won't have any Tools page since Asus doesn't ship routers with my firmware, obviously ;)

FW is newer than latest I have here - but then I suspect my contact is on vacation since he was supposed to send me some newer code last week.

That's what makes this release even more surprising, since only a week ago Asus were still working on finetuning the new QoS/Parental Control engine. And, as you noticed, the product page isn't even up on their website yet.

But those photos he posted are the real thing.

Router is fairly large, but doesn't feel excessively bulky (unlike the WRT1900AC, for example).

Last edited:
well that cat is out of the bag lol, nice! Its not even on the bb web site yet!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!