What's new

New RT-AX68U - Can't Get AiMesh Working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LexLuthor

Regular Contributor
I've got a new RT-AX86U and I can't get AiMesh working. I've got 2 spare RT-AC68Us and 1 was previously used as an AiMesh node for the other. All devices are running Merlin 386.3.2. The 2 routers are positioned right next to each other. I've reset the AC68Us numerous times, both using the reset button and the gui (with the box checked). AiMesh setup on the AX86U finds the AC68Us and then fails about 35% in saying someone else is trying to set up, place it closer, etc.

Any ideas?

Make sure main router have WPS turned on. Other way is lan cable.

Make sure main router have WPS turned on. Other way is lan cable.
WPS actually was on, I did a reset on the WPS page and tried again and it failed. Also connected an Ethernet cable LAN to LAN (is that right?) and that failed.

After it fails, if I go to the WPS page, I see this Fail due to WPS time out!

Any other ideas?

Lan to wan. Then reset node. After it's connected make sure your ssid is right. I have problem with that, I get ASUS.

Lan to wan. Then reset node. After it's connected make sure your ssid is right. I have problem with that, I get ASUS.
LAN to WAN (WAN on the AiMesh node) worked. I didn't have to reset node (not sure what you meant by that anyhow). SSID looks like after still.
Don't know why wireless didn't work. Never had a problem with that previously. Doesn't matter, it's working.
Thanks!

LAN to WAN (WAN on the AiMesh node) worked.
Good you get it working
I didn't have to reset node (not sure what you meant by that anyhow).
Same as you do when connecting with wifi setup
SSID looks like after still.
When I set up lately I get ASUS as ssid, seems config not properly transfer from main router.
Don't know why wireless didn't work. Never had a problem with that previously.
Seems there is things to solve for asus.
Doesn't matter, it's working.
Thanks!
Finally working :)