What's new

ac68U->ax68U. can I backup and restore?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

loonsailor

New Around Here
Moving from AC68U to AX68U as my "main" router, and the AC will become either an AiMesh partner or a media gateway - not yet sure which. Can I backup on the AC and restore to the AX, or will that invite chaos? I note that the AX has a new merlin version than the AC.

It won't actually prevent you from doing that. But it's not officially supported (by Asus for stock firmware) and generally regarded as a bad idea because the two routers have completely different hardware and use completely different firmware branches. You may end up with a suboptimal configuration on your new router.

"AiMesh partner or a media gateway" ? I guess you mean "AiMesh node" and "Media Bridge".

Last edited:
Yes, your terminology is right, mine wrong. I need to get signal to a PoE switch in my garage, and prefer not to run a wire. I'll do the bridge if the signal from the AX is adequate there for a couple of WiFi locks, the node if I need the AC to help out.

Yes, your terminology is right, mine wrong. I need to get signal to a PoE switch in my garage, and prefer not to run a wire. I'll do the bridge if the signal from the AX is adequate there for a couple of WiFi locks, the node if I need the AC to help out.

Wasn't this already answered in your other thread?

Can you? Yes. Should you? No.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!