What's new

No DHCP server in Access Point Mode???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kuky

New Around Here
Hi,

Just bought this router/ap and wanted to use it only in Access Point Mode because I have an ubuntu machine for routing.

To my surprise when setting the 66u as AP mode, there is no DHCP server available to serve IPs for the WLAN machines which are connecting...

Tried with 3.0.0.3.112 (this was on the router when unpacked) and also upgraded to 3.0.0.4.220 but same result.

Is this ridiculous or I'm missing something??

Thank you in advance,
Kuky

Hi,

Just bought this router/ap and wanted to use it only in Access Point Mode because I have an ubuntu machine for routing.

To my surprise when setting the 66u as AP mode, there is no DHCP server available to serve IPs for the WLAN machines which are connecting...

Tried with 3.0.0.3.112 (this was on the router when unpacked) and also upgraded to 3.0.0.4.220 but same result.

Is this ridiculous or I'm missing something??

Thank you in advance,
Kuky

The DHCP server is disabled is AP mode. This is working correctly. With a simple network you only want one DHCP server so the typical set up is one router which provides all services and multiple AP's provide coverage. When the the router is set in access point mode it is only an network access point.