What's new

Now that Apple has dropped support for PPTP VPN....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.
I have come s step further though not there yet :)
I've now managed to get encrypted (I guess it is) data in between the ca/cert/key as yorgi shows above and now the openvpn on ipad tries to connect and sends out some bytes but it never succeed in getting connected.
I've noticed that I miss a few options that yorgi has on the screenshot in his user guide. What options should I then pick?
(my router says it's updated to the most recent software version Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_3459)

upload_2016-10-5_17-42-13.png

It's possible your ISP is blocking it. Try TCP/TAP or TCP/TUN.

I like TAP because it makes it like you're on the same network.

You could try another port as well - it really depends on how your ISP blocks it if it does.

Folks I am just getting around to doing this. In my RT-AC66U I see no option for an OpenVPN server - I am running firmware 3.0.0.4.374_130 -do I need newer firmware?

Last edited:
Folks I am just getting around to doing this. In my RT-AC66U I see no option for an OpenVPN server - I am running firmware 3.0.0.4.374_130 -do I need newer firmware?

Yes, that firmware is far too old.