What's new

ntpMerlin ntpMerlin v3.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As a dummy , any way to test this works? I noticed on the web GUI it switches to off but AMTM says its on (i think).
AC88U latest firmware.

Installing ntpMerlin on a RT-AX88U (386.3 Beta1) setup. All the Merlin Adds-ons installed ok, except ntpMerlin. This message "Creating database table indexes..."
stays on forever (I give it 3-5mins), until you cancel the session (Ctrl-C) or Putty.

Attachments

• NtpMerlin.jpg
    NtpMerlin.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 97
Installing ntpMerlin on a RT-AX88U (386.3 Beta1) setup. All the Merlin Adds-ons installed ok, except ntpMerlin. This message "Creating database table indexes..."
stays on forever (I give it 3-5mins), until you cancel the session (Ctrl-C) or Putty.
can you try running
Code:
sh -x /jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin
the index code shouldn't be creating a loop if they already exist, so sqlite must be erroring in some other way

can you try running
Code:
sh -x /jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin
the index code shouldn't be creating a loop if they already exist, so sqlite must be erroring in some other way
Ran the script, but I canceled the Putty session after 3mins, as script appeared to be loop, as this message being generated ever few seconds.

Attachments

• NtpMerlin1.jpg
    NtpMerlin1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 121
i can only assume the database corrupted somehow
Code:
ntpmerlin uninstall
opt to delete all files then try installing again
Performed the "uninstall" command, and the re-install of ntpMerlin swiftly executed in like 5 secs! Thanks for the very quick assistance.

PS: I did note on this merlin 386.3 Beta3 the default DST for Eastern America had an incorrect ending date. Was month of October, I manually changed it to 1st week in November. My setup now as per pic.

Attachments

• NtpMerlin2.jpg
    NtpMerlin2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 90
New Router (RT-AX88U V1.1) & new USB 128MB Flash drive, on rmerlin's 386.3_beta2 get this hang/stop on install of ntpMerlin. How do you make it progress? Last week on another router & different USB drive, I killed the putty session, then got into the corrupted file scenario & recovery, covered just a bit earlier in this forum.

Edit 1: After exactly 13mins...then install completed ok. 13mins waiting for a file or resource to unlock?

Attachments

• ntp hang.jpg
    ntp hang.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
New Router (RT-AX88U V1.1) & new USB 128MB Flash drive, on rmerlin's 386.3_beta2 get this hang/stop on install of ntpMerlin. How do you make it progress? Last week on another router & different USB drive, I killed the putty session, then got into the corrupted file scenario & recovery, covered just a bit earlier in this forum.

Edit 1: After exactly 13mins...then install completed ok. 13mins waiting for a file or resource to unlock?
Did you reboot the router?

Did you reboot the router?
No. I was just reading a doc in front of my laptop display, then message disappeared (after 13mins) and install completed.

i can only assume the database corrupted somehow
Code:
ntpmerlin uninstall
opt to delete all files then try installing again
I had the same issue since a while. Did the uninstall followed by a fresh install and all is now ok. Probably a corrupted database...

i think I've found an issue with crony, when i enabled the setting for min sources it seems that my offset was stuck on 0, and the charts were not updating, witch values even after a few days but drift was working in the stats, I've even went so far as factory resetting the router and re installing every script to not avail till i disabled the setting off in the config.

i think I've found an issue with crony, when i enabled the setting for min sources it seems that my offset was stuck on 0, and the charts were not updating, witch values even after a few days but drift was working in the stats, I've even went so far as factory resetting the router and re installing every script to not avail till i disabled the setting off in the config.
I try it and seems to be working. I am able to replicate same outcome when I put minsources to a number higher than the number of sources available from chronyc sources output. Say from chronyc sources, I have 9 sources available. If I pun minsources to 10, then none of the sources will get selected and there is no reference in chronyc tracking output. Then I put the minsources down to 3, everything is working fine. Is this same as your case?

I try it and seems to be working. I am able to replicate same outcome when I put minsources to a number higher than the number of sources available from chronyc sources output. Say from chronyc sources, I have 9 sources available. If I pun minsources to 10, then none of the sources will get selected and there is no reference in chronyc tracking output. Then I put the minsources down to 3, everything is working fine. Is this same as your case?
Oddly no I had about 10 sources set it to 2 4 or even 6 same issue, unless some of them are not working which then would explain the issue.

I appreciate the help I might have to check to see if I have some dead ones because last I checked they were all active.

I'm using 4 au.pool.ntp.org servers 0-3 and 6 ISP ones I'll probably see about removing two of them incase they are duplicates or faulty.

unfortunately still the same thing i checked again today im still confused as to what is going on, i factory reset and this is the second reinstall, on my AX88U

unfortunately still the same thing i checked again today im still confused as to what is going on, i factory reset and this is the second reinstall, on my AX88U
That’s a lot of effort. I am using AC86U, hope someone can test it out on your model.
I can put minsources up to the combined numbers of the following three source states.
Source state '*' = current best, '+' = combined, '-' = not combined
I thought state ^- is not good enough but then it still works even when I include those in minsources count.