What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this post doesnt belong here. I have the GT-AC5300 router and was following the beta thread prior to it being closed. Do we use this thread going forward for this? Is there a separate forum for the GT-AC5300 beta? Thanks all.
Yes it will be posted here as well. This thread is for all current aimesh supported routers as well as the ones on the future

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes it will be posted here as well. This thread is for all current aimesh supported routers as well as the ones on the future

Where are the beta firmware for the 5300 hardware?
Seems once the software went live for the other routers... the beta for remaining hardware stopped.

Is testing no longer required?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t know what you’re trying to say with that link.
That thread was closed and redirected to this current thread.
However I don’t see any beta testing of the 5300 hardware in this thread... nor any updated beta software for testing.

You wanted access to the beta firmware that's what I gave you.

If you have issues then submit feedback via the gui. There is no more beta discussion as the official gt-5300 will be out soon. When that's released you can start testing that and discuss it here

You wanted access to the beta firmware that's what I gave you.

If you have issues then submit feedback via the gui. There is no more beta discussion as the official gt-5300 will be out soon. When that's released you can start testing that and discuss it here

I already have that firmware.
I guess it’s a waiting game then.

I really wanted this to work. I've had 2 ac68us doing what this promises to do, working perfectly for months. Asus merlin, one in router mode, the other AP mode, conected via ethernet. Both routers have same SSID. Its worked great. I can start a call on hangouts, walk across the road (to the other AP), it seamlessly switches mid-call. The only issue is the roaming assistant, works great between access points, but causes connection issues at the edges (not really a problem for me, but for the neighbors).

When I read of an official ASUS mesh, thought it was the way to go. Its much slower, dl speed and ping, I can't create a guest network on the second router, I haven't even tried walking between access points on a wifi phone call. I may be missing something, but this seams like a gimick, doing what these routers can already do, except much less usable.

I couldn't post this in AImesh mode. But I can now that my network is usable again.

I really wanted this to work. I've had 2 ac68us doing what this promises to do, working perfectly for months. Asus merlin, one in router mode, the other AP mode, conected via ethernet. Both routers have same SSID. Its worked great. I can start a call on hangouts, walk across the road (to the other AP), it seamlessly switches mid-call. The only issue is the roaming assistant, works great between access points, but causes connection issues at the edges (not really a problem for me, but for the neighbors).

When I read of an official ASUS mesh, thought it was the way to go. Its much slower, dl speed and ping, I can't create a guest network on the second router, I haven't even tried walking between access points on a wifi phone call. I may be missing something, but this seams like a gimick, doing what these routers can already do, except much less usable.

I couldn't post this in AImesh mode. But I can now that my network is usable again.
I am new to AiMesh as well. Router is AC5300, 2 RT-86u nodes via ethernet backhaul. My experience has been extremely positive. No issues at all after 10 days. Hopefully one of the experts can give you some insights as to what might have gone wrong.

I am new to AiMesh as well. Router is AC5300, 2 RT-86u nodes via ethernet backhaul. My experience has been extremely positive. No issues at all after 10 days. Hopefully one of the experts can give you some insights as to what might have gone wrong.

What firmware are you running on AC5300?

Can some help me,i have one ac68 as main router and one ac68u as node,how do i get single ssid,in wireless setting there is 2.4ghz and 5ghz,how do i get this togheter like one ssid,what do i have to do to get one single ssid,now i have one ssid 2.4 called smurf and one ssid called smur-5GHz,i want single ssid,im new at this aimesh,my old mesh system was only one ssid.

I can't comment about slowness you are seeing. I have no speed problems with GT-AC5300 + RT-AC68U.
Guest is not currently supported - it's still under assessment; Asus wrote that somewhere in the beta thread. The fact that you believe you can create a guest on a AP setup is not that good. You can create a Guest on the router and it will offer isolation. But when you create a guest on AP you're tricking yourself because that can't offer any isolation.
I'm actually happy Asus removed Guest from AiMesh. Unless they do vlans between router and node there's no actual guest isolation and instead of cheating the users they did the right call. Granted, it's a big miss for users looking for Guest, but hopefully they will do it right sooner than later.
Tests I've done with roaming - it is much faster and much more predictable vs standalone router+AP.

Stability: yes, I agree, there's still work to be done. I lost my node once and the only option was to ssh on it and reboot it (or power off/on)

Could you provide the f/w version that it's worked great ?

Is it only me? Upgraded to the latest firmware. Using AC68Us. I keep on losing internet connections. The client remains connected but no internet. If I disconnect and connect to the other frequency (5 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz), I get connection again. Happens several times a day.

Hi,

I have 2 Asus routers because of my home is to big (or to high with 3 brick floors) with a gigabit cable beween them. And now i do here that AiMesh is supporting this, it can create a real mesh setup with routers connection to each other by cable (i don't like the other mesh setups where the routers also communicate over the air, that would mean for me that i need 3 routers to cover my home because it wont get enough penetration to get through 2 brick floors)

I only have 2 AC66U routers, so i know i won't get the AiMesh support for that, but i was just wondering how does this really work? because i have the "Roaming assistant" option but that is very tricky to work with. i have enabled it a bit for the 5Ghz stuff so that will be kicked out a bit sooner to connect again to 2.4 but that is not always working correctly (sometimes i get kicked of a few times in a row)

but i guess that AiMesh understands a bit more protocols? like 802.11-r or -k or -v or -s?

Is it only me? Upgraded to the latest firmware. Using AC68Us. I keep on losing internet connections. The client remains connected but no internet. If I disconnect and connect to the other frequency (5 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz), I get connection again. Happens several times a day.

I had this happen with my AC86U in regular main+AP mode with the AC86U as the main router for the current FW and the previous. I did a full reset, and its been a few days now since I've seen it.

i guess that AiMesh understands a bit more protocols? like 802.11-r or -k or -v or -s?
Those only help if devices also support them.

I have asked ASUS to clarify which routers support 11k,v,r and whether AiMesh does.

Update: ASUS says 11k,v,r are not supported. Only "in-house design roaming".

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with the mesh nodes showing up as offline even though they are still up. I can restart them with Telnet, but it gets old doing it multiple times per day. I have a 3100 as the main and two 68u's as the nodes.

I have 2 68u's as my mesh network, one as the router and one as a node, and the node shows as offline but it is still working. Also, if I sit on the 'Client Status' page the number of wireless clients keeps shifting, sometimes dropping to near zero. If the clients are actually disconnecting, you can't tell. I've been streaming video to a tablet for over an hour and have not seen a hiccup. Weird...

I purchased 2 86u's this morning to pair with my 3100 and run aimesh. I updated the first 86u and it went well and my 3100 found it and added it to the mesh network. I want to log into the 86u now and change it to AP/mesh node mode, but when I try to log into it via it's IP that was given to it by my 3100, all I get is the 3100 router page. I think right now the 86U is set up as a main mesh router because when I reboot it, I lose wireless and Ethernet coverage because I believe both routers are showing up as the main? This sucks... Any help would be appreciated

Got my first 86u setup as a mesh node with my 3100 being my main router. I would like to run the 86u in AP/mesh node mode as I have a Ethernet cable plugged into the WAN port on the 86u and into one of the lan ports on the 3100. I changed the connection priority to Ethernet to force Ethernet backhaul, but why does the connection type say and stay on wireless? Shouldn't it change to wired once I enable it?

Status
Not open for further replies.