What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION:

Can I use a switch in the Ethernet backhaul between the MAIN unit and the NODE?

I have that situation here in my house (even 2 switches in between) and notice that my NODE is not always connected in the Mesh system.
I am wondering if the switch has anything to do with it or that it is the 10007 firmware which is causing the trouble.

Does the node "Connection Type" indicate "Wired" under the node's "More Config" settings? I have one unmanaged switch between the Main Router and Node and all seems to be working well.

QUESTION:

Can I use a switch in the Ethernet backhaul between the MAIN unit and the NODE?

I have that situation here in my house (even 2 switches in between) and notice that my NODE is not always connected in the Mesh system.
I am wondering if the switch has anything to do with it or that it is the 10007 firmware which is causing the trouble.

Yes, you can. According some switch will blocked some kind of packet, could you try to configure the connection priority from "Auto" to "Ethernet" ?

Attachments

• 10984-86465e88fea857b10041976ba69e513f.jpg
    10984-86465e88fea857b10041976ba69e513f.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 385
Hey guys, I'm considering jumping into a mesh vs router-AP. My house is a split level with the family room at the farthest and lowest end of the house from the bedrooms. Currently deploying a 88u as router downstairs and 87u as AP upstairs connected over ether. Will the mesh out perform this configuration? I'm also considering getting a ROG 5300 as router and 88u as a node. Where is the advantage of one over the other? Thanks!
Mesh with Wi-Fi backhaul will never outperform an equivalent set of APs connected via Ethernet. Why would you think it would?

Anyone having issues with the mesh nodes showing up as offline even though they are still up. I can restart them with Telnet, but it gets old doing it multiple times per day. I have a 3100 as the main and two 68u's as the nodes.

Can't connect RT-AC88U with my new RT-AC66U_B1, after reset on RT-AC66U_B1 tried with cable worked but wireless can't. The 2 routers are on distance 20 cm on my desk if this matters.
Now RT-AC66U_B1 is in the other room wan to use as node, but RT-AC88U can't find it thus i get full reset on both routers!
Hi your problem answered in here
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...l-supported-products.43125/page-8#post-369824

The issue will fixed next release.

Hey guys, I'm considering jumping into a mesh vs router-AP. My house is a split level with the family room at the farthest and lowest end of the house from the bedrooms. Currently deploying a 88u as router downstairs and 87u as AP upstairs connected over ether. Will the mesh out perform this configuration? I'm also considering getting a ROG 5300 as router and 88u as a node. Where is the advantage of one over the other? Thanks!

Mesh with Wi-Fi backhaul will never outperform an equivalent set of APs connected via Ethernet. Why would you think it would?

It would be Ethernet backhaul on both. The question is which is more efficient? Mesh or router-AP all else being equal? Thanks!

Have any switch between main and node when you used Ethernet Backhaul?

Main(lan port) <--- Ethernet cable. --> (wan port) Node

Isn't correct?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Is a switch between the main router and node not allowed?

Anyone having issues with the mesh nodes showing up as offline even though they are still up. I can restart them with Telnet, but it gets old doing it multiple times per day. I have a 3100 as the main and two 68u's as the nodes.
Yes.. Its the same with my two 68u.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Hi,
I have a strange issue with my 2 AC88U and getting AiMesh to work, both routers are upgraded to 3.0.0.4.384_10007 firmware, but only one of the AC88U comes up with AiMesh functionality in the admin consoll. Anyone have a clue what this is about, see pictures?
upload_2018-1-7_18-47-34.png
upload_2018-1-7_18-48-6.png

Hi,
I have a strange issue with my 2 AC88U and getting AiMesh to work, both routers are upgraded to 3.0.0.4.384_10007 firmware, but only one of the AC88U comes up with AiMesh functionality in the admin consoll. Anyone have a clue what this is about, see pictures?
Have you cleared out your browser cache? Might be worth trying.

Yes.. Its the same with my two 68u.

same here, and also I did an update of FW and the asus aimesh is showing that only the nodes has the ultimate firmware, no sense

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 395
Any ideas? I have upgraded an AC88U and a AC68U to 3.0.0.4.384_10007. I was running Asuswrt-merlin on both, the AC88U was running 382.2 and the AC68U running 380.
After installing the Asus 3.0.0.4.384_10007, I did the factory reset on both.
When I setup the AC88U, I followed "Manual" and set it up as a mesh router. On the 68U, again selected Manual and set it as a node.

The AC88U is now running as my house router but it does not see the AC68U when I do the node Search.

I have done the "press reset button" for 5+ seconds on the 68U a few times and went back into it's Web UI and set it to node...

Any ideas/debugging thoughts?

Thanks

I assume that disabling WPS after the nodes have been added won't cause any issues in functionality? And that I'd just have to turn it back on in the future if I wanted to add another node?

Is there any specific version of ASUS firmware recommended from which to upgrade to this? I converted a T-Mobile AC-1900 to Asus 376.3626 and it auto-detected the latest firmware, and installed. However, the upgrade process was long and seemed to be in an upgrade loop for a long time. Eventually it completed. I have a 2nd one to do and want to avoid this if possible.

I apologize if there is a different forum better for this question.

Hi,
View attachment 11484View attachment 11485
Same result, also tried different browsers. When I go to operating mode the AiMesh choice also is gone, the only Place I can get the AiMesh choice on the router in question is if I try to run the setup wizard. There I get the Choice to set it up as a AiNode, but the AiRouter can't ever find the node when searching. Setting the router up as a AiMesh router and the AiMesh icon is gone. Is there any command I could run in SSH activating the AiMesh function?

Setup wizard:
upload_2018-1-7_22-6-9.png

//oddggrin

I assume that disabling WPS after the nodes have been added won't cause any issues in functionality? And that I'd just have to turn it back on in the future if I wanted to add another node?

I would like to hide SSID after pairing master and nodes. I get the error message: "If you hide SSID, it will disable WPS and affect AIMESH wifi connectivity." I am connecting nodes via Ethernet backhaul. So it seems it would be OK to hide SSID in my situation with Ethernet backhaul.

Can you confirm? Also, what is the status of guest network compatibility? It was not working in beta. Is it now functional?

Thank you.

I was wondering the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.