What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.20308 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Checking for updates from the router, RT-AC66U-B1, taking forever this morning. Update server getting a new release?

Checking for updates from the router, RT-AC66U-B1, taking forever this morning. Update server getting a new release?
no

My Nexus 5x phones (on the latest Android version with current security patches) randomly show authentication issues with aimesh on 20308 firmware. Once I reboot the phones, it works ok for a day or so.

My Nexus 5x phones (on the latest Android version with current security patches) randomly show authentication issues with aimesh on 20308 firmware. Once I reboot the phones, it works ok for a day or so.
Have you disabled Airtime Fairness for 2.5 and 5 GHz bands on router and satellites?

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

About 15 minutes after a couple of system log messages showed up
kernel: DUMP CONSOLE: 707487.907

A large number of the same message was logged over 30 minutes
lldpd[851]: unable to send packet on real device for eth6: No buffer space available

Did a router reboot to put a stop to the above messages flooding the system log and after reboot the system log messages looked fine. However, later realised that the 5GHz wireless was not working. In the wireless configuration page, for 5Ghz, the option to select a control channel is missing, only auto is available (current control channel: 0). Using a wifi analyser, the 5GHz shows the correct fixed channel assigned. Web administration (via Safari on OSX) is also very sluggish. The same symptom had happened two weeks back and the steps taken was to reflash the firmware, initialised and reconfigured the router. The last router uptime was 8 days including one device connected the whole time on the 5Ghz.

Would be grateful for any inputs to fix this. AC86U. In the meantime, intialise and reconfigure the router.

Last edited:
About 15 minutes after a couple of system log messages showed up
kernel: DUMP CONSOLE: 707487.907

A large number of the same message was logged over 30 minutes
lldpd[851]: unable to send packet on real device for eth6: No buffer space available

Did a router reboot to put a stop to the above messages flooding the system log and after reboot the system log messages looked fine. However, later realised that the 5GHz wireless was not working. In the wireless configuration page, for 5Ghz, the option to select a control channel is missing, only auto is available (current control channel: 0). Using a wifi analyser, the 5GHz shows the correct fixed channel assigned. Web administration (via Safari on OSX) is also very sluggish. The same symptom had happened two weeks back and the steps taken was to reflash the firmware, initialised and reconfigured the router. The last router uptime was 8 days including one device connected the whole time on the 5Ghz.

Would be grateful for any inputs to fix this. AC86U. In the meantime, intialise and reconfigure the router.

Since you are posting in this topic, are you not running the most current 86U firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20467-g40feafb?

OE

Updated, reset and reconfigured from 384.20308 to 384.20467 and monitoring. Life will be easier if its an hardware issue (RMA replacement) however the symptoms do not seem to be typical hardware faults.

Same errors with firmware 384.20308 appearing with 384.20467. Sent the logs to Asus feedback. Perhaps its time to call Asus support and see how they respond.

Last edited:
My setup:
RT-AC5300 Router (2nd floor)
RT-AC3100 Node - Wireless (1st floor)
RT-AC5300 Node - Wired (Basement)

Using the iOS app, the AC3100 on the 1st floor is showing up as a client of the AC5300 node in the basement (on 2.4Ghz) - as well as a Node itself.

Very strange...especially since the basement is farthest away from the router node. In the App, the AC3100 node has an IP of 192.168.2.55, and is listed as a client of the basement AC5300 node as 192.168.2.56.

The web UI does not show this...the AC3100 is showing as a Node, but not in the client list of the basement AC5300 node. So just the App.

This just started happening recently.

My setup:
RT-AC5300 Router (2nd floor)
RT-AC3100 Node - Wireless (1st floor)
RT-AC5300 Node - Wired (Basement)

Using the iOS app, the AC3100 on the 1st floor is showing up as a client of the AC5300 node in the basement (on 2.4Ghz) - as well as a Node itself.

Very strange...especially since the basement is farthest away from the router node. In the App, the AC3100 node has an IP of 192.168.2.55, and is listed as a client of the basement AC5300 node as 192.168.2.56.

The web UI does not show this...the AC3100 is showing as a Node, but not in the client list of the basement AC5300 node. So just the App.

This just started happening recently.
The app is not perfect. If the mesh system works live with it and be glad you do not have a Netgear Orbi!

The app is not perfect. If the mesh system works live with it and be glad you do not have a Netgear Orbi!

I am just reporting it for the developers...everything seems to be working. Just strange, and odd that it just started happening.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20624 up for AC66U-B1 , waiting for AC88U then i'll update both my routers.

Still not up for AC3100. I thought updates usually rolled out for all routers at the same time. Is this staged roll out typical?
Certainly seems like it at least for this release the 86U which got version 20467 first version is dated 15/3 need to compare changelogs to see what differences are in 20624.

Just tried to download for AC66U-B1 fails with error message , patience required i think.

Still not up for AC3100. I thought updates usually rolled out for all routers at the same time. Is this staged roll out typical?

Yes, generally the AC5300 (RT and GT) have been the last to get updates. Prior to AIMesh, they'd seen only a few updates. Just glad we're finally starting to realize their full potential.

They almost never are. They are usually grouped by platforms. The RT-AC68U is on its own. The RT-AC3100 shares its platform with the RT-AC88U, so these two are usually updated at the same time.

They almost never are. They are usually grouped by platforms. The RT-AC68U is on its own. The RT-AC3100 shares its platform with the RT-AC88U, so these two are usually updated at the same time.
OK, cool. Thank you for clarifying.

I've taken my node offline for the time being. It started dropping my clients pretty regularly, or at least often enough that it was annoying. I'm hoping to reset everything to factory and start over with the next release to see if anything gets better. If not, I'm going to seek alternative methods to extend my range.