What's new

OpenDNS with a dynamic IP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I thought I'd give OpenDNS another try this evening, but I couldn't get it to work. Even after manually updating my IP on the OpenDNS site, deleting my browser data, etc, I still kept getting the red cross when conducting the OpenDNS test. I tried to set up DNS-O-MATIC in the RT-AX88U but I wasn't sure what to put in the host field, so I just put DNS-O-MATIC and then filled in my OpenDNS user name and password. I tried rebooting the router and then updating the DNS settings manually again. I also tried rebooting my computer, but nothing worked. I'm giving up for tonight as I've already spent over an hour struggling with this, but if anyone has any guidance on what I might be doing wrong, then I'll try to find time in the morning to have another go.
Screenshot - 08_08_2022 , 22_35_09.jpg

You will setup your host name on the dns-o-matic.com site after logging in with your opendns username and password.

Host name should be all.dnsomatic.com to update all your dnsomatic services at once.

Just one other question before I decide whether to try again - would using DNS-O-Matic interfere with the settings I have for the OpenVPN server?

Just one other question before I decide whether to try again - would using DNS-O-Matic interfere with the settings I have for the OpenVPN server?
I dont think so, but it does if you use letsencrypt to generate a certificate

I've just tried and as I suspected, I just get an error message saying it can't find my asuscomm DDNS.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!