What's new

OpenVPN Server and internet connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's 12:30am (we're in day light savings time, so really 1:30am)

Yeah, time for sleep.

You might want to expand the number of IPs allowed from your VPN server as no guarantee that your remote client will always get 10.8.0.2 and you don't want to be locked out when you are remote and need access.

You might want to expand the number of IPs allowed from your VPN server as no guarantee that your remote client will always get 10.8.0.2 and you don't want to be locked out when you are remote and need access.

I can only add 4 IP addresses, I think. Are you able to add a range of IP's?

Are you able to add a range of IP's?

Never tried as I don't have the access restriction set to just specific IPs. Up until I setup a VPN server I have always had access from WAN totally blocked. Not sure that limiting IPs when using a VPN adds that much to incremental security. If I had the map to where Jimmy Hoffa was buried or the formula for the original Coke on my NAS then I might reconsider.

Never tried as I don't have the access restriction set to just specific IPs. Up until I setup a VPN server I have always had access from WAN totally blocked. Not sure that limiting IPs when using a VPN adds that much to incremental security. If I had the map to where Jimmy Hoffa was buried or the formula for the original Coke on my NAS then I might reconsider.

The most exciting thing on my NAS is a Plex library with 1000 movies, 2000 TV episodes, and 30,000 songs. I think I might as well disable it. Cheers.