What's new

Orbi Disconnecting Multiple Times a Day

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daveynet

New Around Here
I have an Orbi system. It is on the latest update. I use fibre with no username/password or anything, it just works.

I did drop my router before having these issues, but I also changed ISP at the same time. The drop was only a few inches and everything seemed fine. I was using it in AP mode before.

When initially connecting to the ISP, I couldn't factory reset it, it kept remembering old settings, and if I logged into it, it wouldn't get access to the internet automatically. Often clients (wired and wireless) could not get an IP or access the Orbi page at all.

Eventually it all got working and the factory reset worked, but since then, quite often (about 50% of the time, in anything from 5 - 30 minute durations) I can't get anything to connect on wifi. If it does connect, it doesn't get internet, and the Orbi page shows an error about connecting to the internet.

It also happened right after I updated it, and another time after I rebooted it.

I have contacted my ISP to see if they can see anything on their end that could explain it. I'm not 100% sure if it is just the wifi or the wired network too, but most times the wired network is broken also, and you can't even access the orbi login page.

I've had a look at the logs and they don't point to anything that seems to indicate the problem. The DOS thing is strange but it was happening outside of that too, and before and afterwards.

edit:
uploaded logs

Also, the ISP I have changed to is a really reputable one with solid connections and few issues.

Attachments

• logs.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I just woke up, the internet has been mostly okay, but the satellite has been purple, blue, and is now flashing white!

;_;

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!