What's new

Philips Hue Bridge & Sonos connected to AiMesh node randomly not discoverable on LAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

drummer914

Occasional Visitor
When it happens I can still ping everything connected to the node just fine from behind the master AP. Everything on the node still has internet. But, for some reason the Hue app will connect via WAN instead of LAN, which still works, but the Sonos speakers disappear from the app (besides the one connected behind master AP). Maybe UPnP mesh issue? The Sonos speakers and Hue bridge are connected to the node via ethernet.

I have an AC3100 in AP mode running 384.13. The mesh node is an AC68P running stock firmware v. 3.0.0.4.384_45717-gadd52a8. Both were reset to factory defaults when I set up the mesh network, and the only settings I changed from default is the login, network name, and password. Signal strength pretty darn good between the two.

When it happens I can still ping everything connected to the node just fine from behind the master AP. Everything on the node still has internet. But, for some reason the Hue app will connect via WAN instead of LAN, which still works, but the Sonos speakers disappear from the app (besides the one connected behind master AP). Maybe UPnP mesh issue? The Sonos speakers and Hue bridge are connected to the node via ethernet.

I have an AC3100 in AP mode running 384.13. The mesh node is an AC68P running stock firmware v. 3.0.0.4.384_45717-gadd52a8. Both were reset to factory defaults when I set up the mesh network, and the only settings I changed from default is the login, network name, and password. Signal strength pretty darn good between the two.
is the apps on wireless devices? if it is, you can go to your wireless settings within the router and access the professional tab and enable IGMP snooping which is usually disabled by default, from my experience, this improves how the communication on the network is routed to wireless devices on the network. you would have to do this for each band that the wireless devices may be present on.

I have SONOS and Phillips Hue on my system on mesh, running 384.13, and I have assigned each of them an IP reservation and it's been working for me a long time. No recent changes with upgrade, either. Let us know if that works.