What's new

Photo of the wizard's lab, 2021 edition

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just bought a ax86 because i needed something to replace my ac88. So little known fact apparently the wan port can become a lan port if the 2.5g port is used so there are 5 lan ports compared to 8 from the ax88 while having 2.5g speeds. Bad news is no lan LCAP to a switch so expanding network is limited to the 5 ports you have.

Otherwise very happy, wish the ax89u was merlin supported.

Bad news is no lan LCAP to a switch so expanding network is limited to the 5 ports you have.
You can cascade any switch to it. This is in fact how my own LAN is setup, I only have one cable between my RT-AX88U and my Netgear switch, and all my LAN clients are connected to that switch.

You can cascade any switch to it. This is in fact how my own LAN is setup, I only have one cable between my RT-AX88U and my Netgear switch, and all my LAN clients are connected to that switch.
Yep thats right, but anything on the router is limited to 1g to anything in the switch. got to have the NAS on the switch and clients on it as well, and use the router for internet. It works out, just saying the feature from the ac88u i am going to miss

main-qimg-22402e059aee03c78187dd2087aaeffe.jpeg