What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tested again after totally disabling cellular but still same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Force close the app and try again. Or maybe that one particular ad is only partially blocked in your blocking file.

Force close the app and try again. Or maybe that one particular ad is only partially blocked in your blocking file.

Already tried that.
What blocking file you're using on your router and what's your device iOS version?

Also the same ad hides totally when I disabled the on device certificate so I don't think it's the blocking file problem but I can be wrong.

Already tried that.
What blocking file you're using on your router and what's your device iOS version?

Also the same ad hides totally when I disabled the on device certificate so I don't think it's the blocking file problem but I can be wrong.
I'm running AB4 and it composes the blocking file differently.
I'm using the more or less equivalent of AdsBeGone! with the additional hosts for Skynet enabled.

Test 5 running well on my 68U.

Just noticed that my tav is hovering around 70ms..while on the previous tests until now it was about 40ms. Any other 68U users seeing this as well? I know ~30ms is nothing to fret about..just curious to see if this was a trend or just me?

13 hours running. I am getting 40ms as tav.

Code:
pixelserv-tls 2.1.0-test.5 (compiled: Mar 10 2018 22:10:47) options: 192.168.2.2 -c 150

uts    0d 13:26    process uptime
log    1    critical (0) error (1) warning (2) notice (3) info (4) debug (5)
kcc    3    number of active service threads
kmx    23    maximum number of service threads
kvg    1.20    average number of requests per service thread
krq    18    max number of requests by one service thread
req    3040    total # of requests (HTTP, HTTPS, success, failure etc)
avg    863 bytes    average size of requests
rmx    11134 bytes    largest size of request(s)
tav    40 ms    average processing time (per request)
tmx    4826 ms    longest processing time (per request)
slh    914    # of accepted HTTPS requests
slm    7    # of rejected HTTPS requests (missing certificate)
sle    0    # of rejected HTTPS requests (certificate available but bad)
slc    628    # of dropped HTTPS requests (client disconnect without sending any request)
slu    542    # of dropped HTTPS requests (unknown error)
sct    116    ssl cache: # of cached cert
sch    1977    ssl cache: # of cache hit
scm    55    ssl cache: # of cache miss
scp    0    ssl cache: # of purge to free up slots

I'm running AB4 and it composes the blocking file differently.
I'm using the more or less equivalent of AdsBeGone! with the additional hosts for Skynet enabled.

Tried with AB-Maximum now but still same issue, do you think the internal changes between AB4 and AB3 has any impact on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried with AB-Maximum now but still same issue, do you think the internal changes between AB4 and AB3 has any impact on it?
No, the the entries AB adds to dnsmasq.conf are exactly the same.

No, the the entries AB adds to dnsmasq.conf are exactly the same.

Ok can you tell me your iOS version I'm on iOS 11.1.2 so maybe there's a bug in the OS and I assume you're using the latest version of Speedtest.net app.

Ok can you tell me your iOS version I'm on iOS 11.1.2 so maybe there's a bug in the OS and I assume you're using the latest version of Speedtest.net app.
I'm on the beta program, 11.3 beta5 I believe.

I'm on the beta program, 11.3 beta5 I believe.

Hmm I can't test on that version since it's not jailbroken yet :/

Anyway I can test if the certificate is loaded properly and doing its job ? ( other than this issue ) because I don't see any difference in webpages etc.

Hmm I can't test on that version since it's not jailbroken yet :/

Anyway I can test if the certificate is loaded properly and doing its job ? ( other than this issue ) because I don't see any difference in webpages etc.
That's official beta software. I have given up on the jailbreak stuff a long time ago.
But it's beta and has bugs...
Try removing the Speedtest app and reinstalling.

That's official beta software. I have given up on the jailbreak stuff a long time ago.
But it's beta and has bugs...
Try removing the Speedtest app and reinstalling.

Oh great reinstalling the app fixed the issue thanks a for helping and creating the awesome ABSolution :)

P.S I know as Apple implementing more and more Jailbreak features in the stock OS, jailbreaking is not that popular now but being able to fully customize your device is still a big plus point.

I'm on iPhone and I regularly use Speedtest.net app and before today I never get any ads popups in the app while I'm using AB-Solution with pixelserv installed ( without importing certificate ) but now it's showing it like the images below ( the ad is still not loaded but it's showing the frames )
No ads here (iOS 11.2.6).

Don’t know whether that’s normal as I gave up using this App long time ago due to the design. Must admit it’s much cleaner now, though I think I still prefer SpeedSmart.

No ads here (iOS 11.2.6).

Don’t know whether that’s normal as I gave up using this App long time ago due to the design. Must admit it’s much cleaner now, though I think I still prefer SpeedSmart.

The issue is fixed by reinstalling the app so everything is perfect now thanks to @thelonelycoder.

(...) but being able to fully customize your device is still a big plus point.
Go Android, much simpler, mine is "jailbroken" with official HTC dev mode.

Go Android, much simpler, mine is "jailbroken" with official HTC dev mode.

Can't do that I'm too deep in Apple's ecosystem ( aka the Walled Garden ) now so the only alternative I have is to jailbreak my device lol

Can't do that I'm too deep in Apple's ecosystem ( aka the Walled Garden ) now so the only alternative I have is to jailbreak my device lol
I hear some users are eternally tied to their Asus routers. Apparently some firmware, addon and script coders provide enhancements not easily found for other routers.
I have to look that up someday, it might open up a whole new world of possibilities ;)

I hear some users are eternally tied to their Asus routers. Apparently some firmware, addon and script coders provide enhancements not easily found for other routers.
I have to look that up someday, it might open up a whole new world of possibilities ;)

Off course change is the only constant and it's necessary but actually doing it is real challenge [emoji2]

Test 5 running well on my 68U.

Just noticed that my tav is hovering around 70ms..while on the previous tests until now it was about 40ms. Any other 68U users seeing this as well? I know ~30ms is nothing to fret about..just curious to see if this was a trend or just me?

tav is one of the counters that are exponential moving averages ie recent values carrying higher weight. Hence, might be more affected by your recent browsing activities.

The exact curve used in pixelserv-tls is shown below. At each point on x axis, the value on y axis is the weighting. x = 0 is the latest measurement, x = 1 is previous measurement so and so forth.

IMG_4417.PNG