What's new

BACKUPMON POLL: How many partitions does your external USB Flashdrive/SSD have?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How many partitions does your external USB drive have?

Votes: 34 82.9%

Votes: 4 9.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 5+

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Viktor Jaep

Part of the Furniture
Before I venture down the rabbit hole of possibly supporting the backup and restore of multiple partitions in BACKUPMON, I wanted to get a feeling for how many of you actually are running multiple partitions. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Before I venture down the rabbit hole of possibly supporting the backup and restore of multiple partitions in BACKUPMON, I wanted to get a feeling for how many of you actually are running multiple partitions. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Of course only one (1) — an ASUS router is NOT a fileserver nor a NAS!

Only use one partition on my original USB drive (an old Kingston 16 Gb) mounted originally 5 years ago on my retired RT-AC86U then transferred (since last December) to my current GT-AX6000.

Just the one. I use a server for file shares, media and backups.

In total agreement with my learned colleagues - One is an elegant sufficiency, any more is frivolous or misguided.

:p ;)😁

@Viktor Jaep

You can’t please all the people all the time.

Those that want to use it in an “extended” way, can figure out their own way.

You need to preserve your own sanity.

Thanks and praise for your contributions!

I have two SSD drives on my RT-AX58U....a 2TB and a 1TB, the latter replaced the 32GB USB flash drive I was using for entware. The 2TB has a single partition (to hold a local copy of a cloud drive), and the 1TB has 2 partitions (a 48GB entware and the rest for time machine backups....useful since I lost the 1TB SSD that was my timemachine drive for MBP, hoping it turns up and that it's not lost because I accidentally threw it away...)

There had been two previous flash drives...

It turned out to be a huge pain getting two SSDs working....3rd USB 3.0 (powered) hub was the charm...

Someday I'll get a PI or something to turn the 4TB external I had first purchased for the router into a NAS drive...

The Dreamer