What's new

VPNMON POLL: Who is your preferred VPN provider?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Who is your preferred VPN provider?

• Total voters
My preference is AzireVPN, mainly because I* managed to get it working properly in dual stack mode for both server and clients over WireGuard (* with a huge amount of help from @ZebMcKayhan and @Martineau).

I had been using NordVPN, but after 5 years of 'IPv6 support is coming, its is just around the corner' it was time to find someone who could actually deliver.

Torguard and Ivacy 5 year deal.
Wow, @faria... that's the first I've heard of Ivacy. What won you over? The 5yr deal, or something more on the technology/privacy spectrum?

privacy statement : Ivacy VPN - Terms and Conditions

I got my five year deal in 2018 for $60 , you can get the same deal today for $71+ Buy VPN with Card, PayPal, or Crypto - Risk Free | Ivacy | 2022 (weirdly my subscription status now show "Life Time Subscription"
ivacy invoice.jpg

At the time it was discussed here in the forum, and i did some research and the reviews were positive specially in the privacy side plus they had servers in a country that I needed that most others did not have at the time.

Speeds are not the fastest but i do get 140mbs from their servers in uk on an rt-ax86u.
they support pretty much all devices/operation systems up there and have servers pretty much everywhere
at the time their windows/android app also did split tunnelling.

As for uptime, i only recall being down 2 times all this years.
device support: VPN Servers & IPs | Be Where You Want To Be in 2022 | Ivacy (scroll to bottom of page).

Last edited:
privacy statement : Ivacy VPN - Terms and Conditions

I got my five year deal in 2018 for $60 , you can get the same deal today for $71+ Buy VPN with Card, PayPal, or Crypto - Risk Free | Ivacy | 2022 (weirdly my subscription status now show "Life Time Subscription"View attachment 41705

At the time it was discussed here in the forum, and i did some research and the reviews were positive specially in the privacy side plus they had servers in a country that I needed that most others did not have at the time.

Speeds are not the fastest but i do get 140mbs from their servers in uk on an rt-ax86u.
they support pretty much all devices/operation systems up there and have servers pretty much everywhere
at the time their windows/android app also did split tunnelling.

As for uptime, i only recall being down 2 times all this years.
device support: VPN Servers & IPs | Be Where You Want To Be in 2022 | Ivacy (scroll to bottom of page).
That's fantastic. I actually chatted with their support yesterday, and asked if they had an API exposed... they had no idea what that was. <sigh> After some explanation, they thought it was a good idea, and were going to pass it along as a feature request. After I told him it's fairly industry-standard nowadays for services to offer something like this, like what Nord, SurfShark, PerfectPrivacy, etc. offer, I think it put a bit more urgency to his willingness to forward that to their devs.

i use PIA but a friend of mine switched to surfshark. He claims it is faster generally, I know speed can be highly variable with PIA with each server the mileage will vary....

I have NordVPN account. The price is right, they have promotions often. It's used mostly when travelling, sometimes for location change. Works well, local servers are quite fast. I've seen 500Mbps on OpenVPN with x86 hardware. Being one of the most popular ones though means the servers are quickly detected by all the websites with commercial VPN use restrictions. When this happens, I use my own VPN server and my home ISP. Not a big deal.

ProtonVPN for me, as it comes with the mail subscription. Fast and reliable, plus tons of servers.
Thanks for the poll, am intrigued with the VPNMON add on.

I use Mullvad, besides being in Sweden, it allows "anonymous" payment through Bitcoin (at a 5% discount). I've been happy with it.

I use Mullvad, besides being in Sweden, it allows "anonymous" payment through Bitcoin (at a 5% discount). I've been happy with it.
Got you down... :)

I’ve seen that NordVPN has started rolling out a curious new feature called MeshNet. So far it’s in the Linux and desktop apps.

It apparently creates a mini private network over NordLynx to enable connection and file sharing. For a Nord account holder, up to 10 of their logged-in devices are automatically pulled into one private network.

An account owner can invite others (presumably non-Nord customers) to join over email, adding up to 50 further external devices. Apparently each external device connection is kept isolated from the others.

It sounds like a way to overcome the six-client connection limit (albeit at the expense of bandwidth), while adding some unique-sounding networking features.

If you really care about privacy, you wouldn't be online, let alone be using a third-party VPN that has 'all' your browsing secrets to do as they please with. Regardless of the marketing spin they may put on it, :)

If you really care about privacy, you wouldn't be online, let alone be using a third-party VPN that has 'all' your browsing secrets to do as they please with. Regardless of the marketing spin they may put on it, :)
Waaaayyy off the grid in a cabin in the wilderness. No external commitments. No paper trails. (i.e. the best "VPN" provider).