What's new

VPNMON POLL: Who is your preferred VPN provider?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Who is your preferred VPN provider?

• Total voters
A local dropbear will find you.
While reading a book by candlelight, and having cut the hardline with a big set of wirecutters... lol

I've seen the message popup when connecting in Linux CLI but didn't really pay attention to it. Since I'm running a DIY setup the whole network and all devices get routed under a single login anyway. I suppose it might be a valuable perk for what you mentioned.

It sounds appealing in that it uses WG / NL to make a VPN LAN out of devices based on your login. Using WG would be an improvement for those around here using legacy OVPN connections w/ ASUS.

Until she'll check on you

And if you keep no logs behind the gateway, the hack may happen really fast.

1655552783525.png

Omg... I've never seen so many vpuns in a row before. Give yourselves a pat on the back. Make sure you stay out of view of the NSA eye-in-the-sky spy satellites, looking for heat signatures from all your log burnings/trimmings going on.

Last edited:
I use ExpressVPN because it's excellent for streaming US content (HBO Max, CNN, Netflix, HULU, and all the apps DirecTV allow - I use someone's DirecTV login we don't have DirecTV in Australia). I find other VPN's can stream some content, but ExpressVPN can stream pretty much everything. Not only that, but I also use Proton VPN which is good but not great for streaming.

Not surprised by this at all. Paid-for VPNs are; waste of time and money, with no benefit whatsoever, to me. And to most people who want to 'secure' their browsing habits too.

Replying to partial quotes doesn't change the facts.