What's new

VPNMON POLL: Who is your preferred VPN provider?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Who is your preferred VPN provider?

• Total voters

Viktor Jaep

Part of the Furniture
Code:
Torguard                  Votes: 4
VPN Unlimited             Votes: 1
AirVPN                    Votes: 2
Mullvad                   Votes: 4
CyberGhost                Votes: 1
Ivacy                     Votes: 1
AzireVPN                  Votes: 1
Integrity VPN             Votes: 1
OctaneVPN                 Votes: 1
AirVPN                    Votes: 1
Privado                   Votes: 1
Hotspot Shield            Votes: 1

Since I can only have ten possible responses for the poll, I'm adding these above to keep track based on your responses below...

-----------------------

Based on the poll that @Jack Yaz did a while back, I thought I'd break this one back out and get a current temperature on which VPN providers are the most popular among those using Asus Merlin firmware. VPN providers seem to continue to multiply out there over the years, and would love to hear your opinion. Please let me know if I'm missing any other popular VPN providers out there by commenting to this thread... should have most of the major ones listed.

Last edited:
Based on the poll that @Jack Yaz did a while back, I thought I'd break this one back out and get a current temperature on which VPN providers are the most popular among those using Asus Merlin firmware. VPN providers seem to continue to multiply out there over the years, and would love to hear your opinion. Please let me know if I'm missing any other popular VPN providers out there by commenting to this thread... should have most of the major ones listed.
I can tell you which ones I use, but it is more than one on the list. I prefer NordVPN, but I have also used windscribe, PIA, and perfect privacy. Right now I am with NordVPN. That may be subject to change in a couple of months though. Depends on who I decide but it will be one of those 4 again.

I can tell you which ones I use, but it is more than one on the list. I prefer NordVPN, but I have also used windscribe, PIA, and perfect privacy. Right now I am with NordVPN. That may be subject to change in a couple of months though. Depends on who I decide but it will be one of those 4 again.
Yeah, I've tried StrongVPN, ExpressVPN, Surfshark... and ended up really liking NordVPN myself. But I don't want to bias these results. ;)

I really appreciate you supporting perfect privacy. I thought perfect privacy neuro routing was awesome, then I found your script. I hope others find your script to benefit their VPN experiences like it has mine!:)

I use Torguard here, don't see it in your list.

I'm missing the one I use. It's called AirVPN. Really good support and quality. Prices very competitive. And they are offering discounts now!

cyberghost, but interested in changing to nord when subs run out.

Currently NordVPN as I got on a good three year deal originally but feeling I got rooked getting an extra month free and I swear it wasn't clear I was subscribing for an additional year at full price. (Read the small print!)

Therefore expect to flex my consumer privilege on renewal and go somewhere else for a better deal.

However have been pleased with Nord until recently as when moving between phone connections e.g. 5g, 4g, WiFi etc. it takes a long time to reconnect automatically, if at all.

Which is also affecting my current thoughts when I come to renew.

Of possible note I do not configure VPN on my router. I only do this on devices as an increasing number of providers are now detecting and blocking VPN provider IPs, in my experience, so easier to swap VPN server on each subscribed device.

Torguard and Ivacy 5 year deal.

Torguard and Ivacy 5 year deal.
Wow, @faria... that's the first I've heard of Ivacy. What won you over? The 5yr deal, or something more on the technology/privacy spectrum?

Nord for 5 years now. I run it on linux and it's mostly set and forget. It works on reboot to autoconnect w/o having to login to the desktop. Nordlynx / wire guard hits line speed and with it being on that box which is setup to be the router as well it covers all devices on the network.

When I was up for renewal and saw they dropped the 3-year option I tested am handful of other options that used WG and had a linux installable. None of them really worked that well for this setup or weren't as fast for throughput.

It's always good to shop around and test things though to see if someone does it just as well or better for less money. I have a feeling there's other products that would work like Nord from CLI but, they didn't hit that cheap $2/mo threshold.

I use Torguard. I have 2 dedicated IPs I use to circumvent geo restrictions for sports programming.