What's new

Port forwarding to multiple devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't think so. He can set them up for PC1 and PC2 separately if his router has that option.
Port forwarding for PC1
Port forwarding for PC2
PC1 and PC2 can be accessed at the same time.
A lot of gamers use that setup. Is there something wrong?
Due to my research, this can't be done.
There isn't an option to open the same port for different IP addresses.

BTW, the DMZ server for PC1 and port forwarding for PC2 doesn't work either :(.

I tried UPNP and it seems the connectivity is better, but I still have packet losses which doesn't allow me to play the game properly.
What type of internet connection do you have, ADSL, cable, etc? Generally speaking do you have a "good" connection to the internet.

What type of internet connection do you have, ADSL, cable, etc? Generally speaking do you have a "good" connection to the internet.
Thank you for the reply,

I use cable connection,
Yes I do have "good" and stable connection to the internet,
I didn't mention in my previous reply that the packet loss only occur for 1 PC, the other one is fine (With UPnP on).

Due to my research, this can't be done.
There isn't an option to open the same port for different IP addresses.

BTW, the DMZ server for PC1 and port forwarding for PC2 doesn't work either :(.
PC1 external port: 3478
PC2 external port: 3074

Call of Duty games are notoriously finicky to achieve an open port with, even with one console/PC. Honestly I think they could improve their network implementation, but they have bigger issues at Activision at the moment.

I've just installed Warzone and checked its UPnP port mapping behaviour. The first PC will map external UDP port 3074 to internal port 3074. While this mapping is active other PCs will map a pseudo-random external UDP port (e.g. 3091, 3105, etc.) to their internal port 3074.

This is working as one would hope/expect. So there's no point manually forwarding fixed ports as this won't have any benefit and potentially makes things worse if you don't understand what you're doing. While running the game on the alternate ports I didn't experience any packet loss or latency issues.

I've just installed Warzone and checked its UPnP port mapping behaviour. The first PC will map external UDP port 3074 to internal port 3074. While this mapping is active other PCs will map a pseudo-random external UDP port (e.g. 3091, 3105, etc.) to their internal port 3074.

This is working as one would hope/expect. So there's no point manually forwarding fixed ports as this won't have any benefit and potentially makes things worse if you don't understand what you're doing. While running the game on the alternate ports I didn't experience any packet loss or latency issues.
First of all I really appreciate your time and how far you’ve gone in order to help me resolve this issue.

After I enabled the UPNP option, both PC’s succeeded to log on into the game’s lobby (The screen which you see the players running and the NAT type status)
Both PCs showed NAT type status as moderate.
To see the problem you need more than just see this screen and actually play the game with both pcs.
The problem should occur on the pc which has different external ports than 3074.
The main issue which I experience is high packet loss which makes the game unplayable and sometimes I get kicked by server with loss connection error message, in addition the problem may occur after couple minutes and not immediately.

One again, HUGE thanks.

One PC with DMZ/PORT FORWARDING/UPNP also moderate but works great.
If you're only seeing moderate NAT in all of those configurations that would imply that your router doesn't have a publicly accessible IP address, which could be the source of your problems.

I can't find any information at all about your router. Does it show you what its WAN IP address is? Does that match the IP address shown when you go to www.whatsmyip.org ?

One PC with DMZ/PORT FORWARDING/UPNP also moderate but works great.
Disable Router Firewall and test it again.
Try with 'Exitlag' 3 days trial. If you still have the issue with Exitlag for packet loss the issue is from ISP or Router.
There are so many reasons for your issue. You need to check and try a lot of things.
1. not enough bandwidth
2. router firewall
3. windows firewall including 3rt party Firewall Software
4. gpedit.msc>QoS Packet Scheduler> Enable>Set 80% to 0%
5. too low performance router
and a lot.

Actually UPnP is the best setup for WZ. But some systems don't work properly with it. In that case, you should use port forwarding as you know.
The best option I suggest is buying a router.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the reply's,
If you're only seeing moderate NAT in all of those configurations that would imply that your router doesn't have a publicly accessible IP address, which could be the source of your problems.

I can't find any information at all about your router. Does it show you what its WAN IP address is? Does that match the IP address shown when you go to www.whatsmyip.org ?
You are totally right, the IP address's do NOT match, what should I do?
Disable Router Firewall and test it again.
Try with 'Exitlag' 3 days trial. If you still have the issue with Exitlag for packet loss the issue is from ISP or Router.
There are so many reasons for your issue. You need to check and try a lot of things.
1. not enough bandwidth
2. router firewall
3. windows firewall including 3rt party Firewall Software
4. gpedit.msc>QoS Packet Scheduler> Enable>Set 80% to 0%
5. too low performance router
and a lot.

Actually UPnP is the best setup for WZ. But some systems don't work properly with it. In that case, you should use port forwarding as you know.
The best option I suggest is buying a router.
I've tried using VPN in the past and it seemed to work, If it will come down to it I will probably get a new router, thank you.

You are totally right, the IP address's do NOT match, what should I do?
There is very little you can do from your side. You really need to speak to your ISP and ask them to give you a public IP address, this will remove the "double NAT" situation you appear to have. Some ISPs will do this, some won't or can't. Sometimes ISPs will provide a public IP address for an additional fee.

Out of interest what is the beginning of your WAN IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.x, 10.x.y.z, 100.64.x.y, 172.168.x.y, etc.) and what is your LAN IP address range (e.g. 192.168.1.x)?

There is very little you can do from your side. You really need to speak to your ISP and ask them to give you a public IP address, this will remove the "double NAT" situation you appear to have. Some ISPs will do this, some won't or can't. Sometimes ISPs will provide a public IP address for an additional fee.

Out of interest what is the beginning of your WAN IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.x, 10.x.y.z, 100.64.x.y, 172.168.x.y, etc.) and what is your LAN IP address range (e.g. 192.168.1.x)?
WAN - 5.29.x.y
LAN range - 1-254

You are right,
Ah OK that makes sense. We were just getting mixed up with the terminology, public address vs. WAN address.

So 100.95.86.x is a CGNAT address which confirms that you do have double NAT. So port forwarding can't help you here.

Ah OK that makes sense. We were just getting mixed up with the terminology, public address vs. WAN address.

So 100.95.86.x is a CGNAT address which confirms that you do have double NAT. So port forwarding can't help you here.
I'm not really sure what double NAT means.
It would be awesome if you explain me this for better understanding so I can talk with my ISP and solve this.

Also also, I would love to hear from you what you think is the best option to solve this situation.

HUGE thanks again.

I've tried using VPN in the past and it seemed to work, If it will come down to it I will probably get a new router, thank you.
Contacting your ISP is the best option. There is nothing else you can get here anymore.
Contact your ISP and ask for providing you IPv4 address. If they don't? Change your ISP.

Read about CGNAT here. Double NAT means that you have two devices between your PC and the public internet that are performing Network Address Translation. One device is your router and the other is your ISP's equipment. NAT will prevent another player making an unsolicited connection to your PC (running the game).

The way around this problem when there is only one level of NAT (your router) is to use port forwarding/UPnP/DMZ to bypass the NAT on your router. However, this will not work with double NAT because your ISP's CGNAT is still preventing any direct connection to the PC.

The solution is as I said before, contact your ISP, explain that their CGNAT is preventing you playing your game and ask them to assign you a public IP address. The only other solution I can think of is what you mentioned earlier and that would be to use a "gamer VPN" service on the PC, but I'm doubtful how effective/good/reliable that would be.