What's new

Port forwarding to multiple devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm not really sure what double NAT means.
It would be awesome if you explain me this for better understanding so I can talk with my ISP and solve this.

Also also, I would love to hear from you what you think is the best option to solve this situation.

HUGE thanks again.
Hi Ofir

I see you are on HotNet ISP, and having a double nat as yourself is a big issue for ganes.
You are on Double NAT.

I would advise to switch the ISP fo Bezeq International that offers ISP service over HOT cables.
If you try to ask Hotnet to remove NAT - it means to re-assign your IP to other POOL.
It is a mess because their inproffesional.
You can do it Friday morning in order to achieve playing in Friday night

Have fun

Read about CGNAT here. Double NAT means that you have two devices between your PC and the public internet that are performing Network Address Translation. One device is your router and the other is your ISP's equipment. NAT will prevent another player making an unsolicited connection to your PC (running the game).

The way around this problem when there is only one level of NAT (your router) is to use port forwarding/UPnP/DMZ to bypass the NAT on your router. However, this will not work with double NAT because your ISP's CGNAT is still preventing any direct connection to the PC.

The solution is as I said before, contact your ISP, explain that their CGNAT is preventing you playing your game and ask them to assign you a public IP address. The only other solution I can think of is what you mentioned earlier and that would be to use a "gamer VPN" service on the PC, but I'm doubtful how effective/good/reliable that would be.

I tried to speak with the ISP for 35 minutes now.
They have no idea what I'm talking about.

They claimed that I connected with a dialer which changing my IP from time to time and this is the reason for the double NAT.
They suggest me to change my settings for a static IP.
Do you think it may help?

Thank you.

They claimed that I connected with a dialer which changing my IP from time to time and this is the reason for the double NAT.

Thank you.

HOTNET are known for these issues.
Check out my previous comment- so you don't have to waste your time for nothing.

GL

This sounds like nonsense.

If they are offering to give you a static public IP address that would work. But that's something they need to change on their side.

Last edited:

Thank you.
Do you use your internet with ID and Password(PPPoE)?

It makes sense if he's using PPPoE.
True. It might also be an L2TP connection. But I got the impression from his previous posts that he was using a standard cable modem. I think some of the meaning might be getting lost in translation.

True. It might also be an L2TP connection. But I got the impression from his previous posts that he was using a standard cable modem. I think some of the meaning might be getting lost in translation.
He's using something strange ISP which is not popular.

This sounds like nonsense.

If they are offering to give you a static public IP address that would work. But that's something they need to change on their side.
Sorry for the late response,
I’ve managed to get from my ISP an IP address that matches the same IP in whatismyip.com which starts at 37.142, but the problem remains, On PC1 the NAT is in "Open" mode, while in PC2 the NAT is in "Moderate" mode, I've tried to test it in the game as well but the problem continue, what should I do next?

Again, HUGE Thanks.
He's using something strange ISP which is not popular.

HOTNET are known for these issues.
Check out my previous comment- so you don't have to waste your time for nothing.

GL

Update:
I've changed my ISP and the problem remains, even with UPNP ON, One pc is getting "Open" while the other has "moderate" as their assigned NAT Types, and eventually One PC will disconnect, What should I do?

Colin:
Now the router is showing the same WAN IP as shown in whatismyip.org.
The address start with 84.108.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Update:
I've changed my ISP and the problem remains, even with UPNP ON, One pc is getting "Open" while the other has "moderate" as their assigned NAT Types, and eventually One PC will disconnect, What should I do?
I'm running out of ideas.

Is it always the same PC that has problems? Is it always the PC with moderate NAT that has problems?

I'm running out of ideas.

Is it always the same PC that has problems? Is it always the PC with moderate NAT that has problems?
No, after resetting the router to factory settings - the first PC which log in to the game server will have a stable connection with NAT type "Open", the other one will be assigned with "Moderate" NAT type and will experience packet loss.

It sounds like the second PC is not creating a port forwarding rule using an alternate port mapping. Unfortunately this is not something that you can create a manual port forwarding rule for. The only way I know to actually check whether this is what is happening is if you have a router that shows you the currently active forwards. Asus router's have this ability (System Log > Port Forwarding) but I don't know whether your router does.

It's possible that the implementation of UPnP on your router isn't working properly and that changing the router for a different model might fix it.

It sounds like the second PC is not creating a port forwarding rule using an alternate port mapping. Unfortunately this is not something that you can create a manual port forwarding rule for. The only way I know to actually check whether this is what is happening is if you have a router that shows you the currently active forwards. Asus router's have this ability (System Log > Port Forwarding) but I don't know whether your router does.

It's possible that the implementation of UPnP on your router isn't working properly and that changing the router for a different model might fix it.
Thank you for the quick response,
Actually I'm able to see the alternate port mapping by entering to the UPNP page.
The second PC is using the game's port (3074) as internal port, and the external port is changing from one time to another.
The first PC use the game's port (3074) as both internal and external.

I can't switch to another router model because my infrastructure based on COAX (this is how the infrastructure company decide to implement it).
The only idea I can think about is to use bridge mode on my "main" router and buy another one to function as my actually routing unit, what do you think about this idea?

The second PC is using the game's port (3074) as internal port, and the external port is changing from one time to another.
The first PC use the game's port (3074) as both internal and external.
OK, that's working as expected, so that's not the problem. Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Assuming the CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation) thing is the issue, this sounds similar to a problem I had with my fiber connection.

My carrier rolled out IPv6 a few years ago, and eventually nearly all customers wound up on Dual-Stack Lite (DSLite). That means your router gets an IPv6 address (which includes a block of IPv6 addresses it can assign to everything on your LAN), then they assign one IPv4 address to a bunch of customers and use CGNAT to route them all through that one public address, very similar to how your ISP modem/router would get one public IPv4 address and route traffic to and from devices on your local network using NAT. The important thing to understand about DSLite is that all IPv4 traffic has to go device -> your router -> carrier router -> actual internet. What you want is, device -> your router -> actual internet.

I went on the support forums for my ISP and complained, and somebody told me that if you book the ISP's "Power Upload" option (a few bucks a month for double upstream bandwidth), it also happens to give you your own full IPv4 address, no CGNAT. (This is called "Full Dual Stack IPv6".) It fixed the problem for me.

Obviously you don't have my same ISP, but it wouldn't hurt to look for a forum with other users and see if anybody has been able to get back their own IPv4 address instead of being stuck on DSLite.

Sorry for the late response,
I’ve managed to get from my ISP an IP address that matches the same IP in whatismyip.com which starts at 37.142, but the problem remains, On PC1 the NAT is in "Open" mode, while in PC2 the NAT is in "Moderate" mode, I've tried to test it in the game as well but the problem continue, what should I do next?

Again, HUGE Thanks.

Update:

Colin:
Now the router is showing the same WAN IP as shown in whatismyip.org.
The address start with 84.108.
Any suggestions?

You need to try everything you can.
Check your ISP router setup for 'MAC Clone'. Disable it if it's enabled. Then try what I said before again.
Ttry these If it doesn't work.

1. Using UDP or TCP+UDP instead of TCP for port forwarding.
2. Contact your ISP>ask them give you a Modem instead of ISP router if it's possible.
2. Buy a new router>Set your ISP Router as a 'Bridge mode'(if they can't give you a modem, if they give you a modem skip this)>connect a new router to ISP router(modem) like AC68U or anything.

Last edited:
See post #49. He did have CGNAT but that's now been fixed.
You need to try everything you can.
Check your ISP router setup for 'MAC Clone'. Disable it if it's enabled. Then try what I said before again.
Ttry these If it doesn't work.

1. Using UDP or TCP+UDP instead of TCP for port forwarding.
2. Contact your ISP>ask them give you a Modem instead of ISP router if it's possible.
2. Buy a new router>Set your ISP Router as a 'Bridge mode'(if they can't give you a modem, if they give you a modem skip this)>connect a new router to ISP router(modem) like AC68U or anything.
First of all, I would like to thank you all.
After contacting my ISP and getting new router I've managed to solve the problem, the game work completely fine with UPnP on.

First of all, I would like to thank you all.
After contacting my ISP and getting new router I've managed to solve the problem, the game work completely fine with UPnP on.
Hello, stupid question. Did you tried to open your port directly in your firewall setting in Both PC ? For me, I did PPPoE connection, If I do not change this setting I was not able to get open nat in Warzone.
Fortunatly you solved your issue :)