What's new

Powering Asus 68u via DC not AC and barrel plug size

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hytekj

Occasional Visitor
I am looking to power an Asus 68u via DC and not AC power. I plan to use a step up transformer to go from 12V DC to 19V DC. The problem is now figuring out how to go from that to the router. I am trying to find the correct barrel plug size and where I might obtain?

I have read in some places that it is 4mm x 1.35mm? Does anyone know if that is accurate?

Has anyone else powered their Asus 68u (or similar) with DC power versus AC power?

Thank you

I am looking to power an Asus 68u via DC and not AC power. I plan to use a step up transformer to go from 12V DC to 19V DC. The problem is now figuring out how to go from that to the router. I am trying to find the correct barrel plug size and where I might obtain?

I have read in some places that it is 4mm x 1.35mm? Does anyone know if that is accurate?

Has anyone else powered their Asus 68u (or similar) with DC power versus AC power?

Thank you

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722J415P/?tag=snbforums-20

Tip size: 4.0mm x 1.35mm
Outer: 4.0mm
Inner: 1.35mm

Other options:
1. Buying genuine ASUS Laptop adapter.
1.75A or higher(high is better)
33w or higher(high is better)

2. Buying a compatible adapter with tip sets.

Last edited:
Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722J415P/?tag=snbforums-20

Tip size: 4.0mm x 1.35mm
Outer: 4.0mm
Inner: 1.35mm

Other options:
1. Buying genuine ASUS Laptop adapter.

2. Buying a compatible adapter with tip sets.

awesome find on amazon! i was looking for a couple hours last night and found maybe one option on ebay that would take 1-2 months to arrive. i was debating just cutting the ac adapter lead and using that but thank you for finding an alternatve! as for watts, input says 19v / 1.75amps so as long as i have 19v and 1.75 amps i should be fine, right? no need to worry about watts? i was looking at a 12v step up to 19v 3 amp transformer so that exceeds 1.75 amps... thanks again!

One year later, I finally implemented.

I got an Uxcell 12v to 19v converter on Amazon along with the barrel adapter listed above and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081Z8WRK5/?tag=snbforums-20

I am also using a Y 2x USB to 1x micro USB in the USB ports of the AC68u that is powering a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running pi-hole

We will see how stable everything is but now I dont need to worry about switching on the inverter to maintain power to the AC68u when AC power is not available. I was also concerned about interrupting power to the AC68u and corrupting the Raspberry Pi SD card as some times AC power is not stable, when it is available.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!